1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD + - Help

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by maniauk, Jun 15, 2007.

1. maniauk

maniauk Member

Hi
    I don't know if I am in the right place but wondered if anyone can help me.

I have a Dvd Recorder - TOSHIBA D-R250 (Dvd Multi Drive Dvd-Ram/-R-Rw Record)
    and I have just bought a SAMSUNG HV-DX1E (Dvd Player + Video Cassette Recorder)for my parents, as I thought this would give them chance to view dvds & record on to vhs, also to transfer from video/camcorder to dvd old Family Holidays.

Everything that I transfered from my camcorder or video to dvd recorder then played back on the Samsung player wont play.

I'm not sure how old both these models are but it is a pain with having dvd recorders/players that some will play minus and some plus dvds.

Does anyone know a way getting over this as either my TOSHIBA Recorder or my parents Dvd Player could be useless.

Thanks

2. JVC

JVC Active member

A disc has to be "finalized", before it can be played. If you are using +R discs, you'll probably have to go into the menus, after the recording is finished, and manually "finalize" the disc. The -R discs should automatically do this.

I have a Gateway recorder that uses +R discs. Any movie I record on it, will only play on it. It won't play in my Pioneer dvd player, or my computer. I think this is a pretty common problem, since I've seen a bunch of people say the same thing.
    Good luck!