1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Idle Pro vs AnyDVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Pop_Smith, Jun 12, 2004.

1. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

i have tried anydvd (have yet to try DVD Idle Pro) but, from the looks of things (i look at Idle on its website) Idle and AnyDVD are basicly the same thing, can anyone tell me the pros and cons of each one if there are any?

2. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Yeah, get Anydvd. DVDidle pro combines dvdregion free(good program)with dvdidle(suck program that is supposed to prolong the life of your dvd-rom)). I have heard nightmare stories with idlepro and it has a complete lack of support if you need help, plus I think it costs 50.00. Anydvd costs 39.00 and has always worked for me just doing it's business and not knowing it's even there. If you prefer get region free, it is another good program, does the same thing as anydvd, I used the trial version(30 day) and it worked fine. good luck.....

3. siber

siber Regular member

DVD Idle Pro may give some people problems, I guess. The feature whereby it transfers the data quickly to a cache on your HD is supposed to prolong the life of your DVD-ROM or DVD burner and it's usefulness is awfully difficult to assess.

Nevertheless this may be helpful if you are using the software on a laptop. Supposedly, once the data is transferred to the cache on the HD, the DVD-ROM doesn't need any more power. This may give you more usable time on your battery.