1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd image to cd-r or cd-rw...please help

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by madferit, Sep 24, 2003.

1. madferit

madferit Member

hi, what it is i want to burn a dvd svcd onto a normal cd disk, either cd-r or cd-rw. Ive got an image (.bin) of a copied svcd file, its the wrong turn, its a movie. i just want to plain and simply copy it onto a standard cd to watch on a stand alone dvd player-- please tell me its posible!, i burnt this image i got using alcohol, it burnt fine, there's something wrong with play the back of the file. is it possbile to use Power CD-r to burn just the mpg files, or file? please someone explain to me, thanks, sorry im not up to scratch on makin dvd's using cds

2. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Well is your home dvd player svcd compliant? If you don't know look for a "pbc" function on the dvd player itself or the remote. if you see this function= enable. Download a free burning software called burnatonce, load the cue and burn no faster than 8x

burnatonce: http://www.burnatonce.com/downloads/

Shoey :)

3. madferit

madferit Member

thanks pal il giv it a try :), is there a difference between using an SVCD or VCD? im using nero6 to convert the file because its not okay to work in VCD, its takin ages though :** (crying :p) lol

4. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Huge differance between SVCD vs. VCD m8. In all honesty, I can't stand to even look at an encoded VCD as the video playback is maybe as good as vhs, well a little better m8.
    Post this question in the SVCD VCD forum as Dela (mod) has much more experience in this field. Consider a home dvd player that supports svcd because the playback of svcd (done right) is near perfect dvd quality.

Shoey :)

5. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Well DVD image was kinda wierd... i almost decided not to eve look at it lol. Dela's kinda on a holiday so here's the scoop:

Many times downloaded movies come in a BIN/CUE or ISO format. In order to 'use' them on a standard, standalone DVD players you need to burn them onto CD. To do so, fire up Nero and close the popup wizard thing. If you are using Nero5, goto the File menu and select the Burn Image. For Nero6 users, goto the Recorder menu and select Burn Image. Once you have selected the option to burn images, specify the CUE file and burn away! Remember to burn slooooowly

PS: SVCDs are only near DVD quality if you watch them on a TV hehe... watch them on computer and eeeeeeeeeeeeew comes to mind (then again... im prolly minority that enjoys watching movies on computer hehe)._X_X_X_X_X_[small]ASUS A7V8X-X, AMD2500+
    Samsung 1024MB, PC2700
    360GB [3x120GB, 7200, 8MB]
    MSI Starforce, GeForce4 Ti4400 128MB

AFTERDAWN IRC: irc.emule-project.net, #ad_buddies
    COME SAY HI![/small]

Last edited: Sep 24, 2003
  6. Shoey

Shoey Guest

You need to watch my svcd backups m8 as they are lookin' real good watching on my pc. The best program to encode dvd rips to svcd is simply DVD2SVCD using CCE (Cinema Craft Encoder). I believe you use another program? (hehe). Get your feet wet and give the "best" program out there a go... Now if you just wan't to watch movies on a pc and that's it then go DivX because you can "usually" get the entire movie under 700 megabytes with great video playback.

Shoey :)_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Certified Computer Technician
    http://www.afterdawn.com/general/legal.cfm
    Mobo: MSI KT4VL-6712
    CPU: AthlonXP Barton 2500+
    Ram: 512 SD-DDR (PC-2700)
    nVidia GeForce4 MX440-8x
    Maxtor ATA\133 80 gig hd
    DVD-ROM: LiteOn LTD 165H
    CDRW: Memorex52MAXX 2452[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2003
  7. Praetor

LOL yay watching movies on computer! Nah the only reason i dont use DVD2SVCD is because DVDx is a simpler almost-one click kinda deal for DivX/XviD rips :p ... now if i was doing (S)VCDs i would prolly change my mind

8. madferit

madferit Member

lol i would love to just watch one from the net i downloaded on my stand alone, im having trouble doin even that! lol, the .cue i put to disk didnt work as the format didnt load on my disk player, either it was made in usa (which it was) or i dont know what else to decide. i can however use both PAL and NTSC version using the romote, both dont recognise my format for the dvd...i also encoded the .dat (mpg) file to mpeg2 (svcd format), then using vcdeasy i put dropped it onto the file browser, it worked but firstly said the file is Pal, so i changed the supported file to Pal then it said the file was NTSC, i just agreeded to change lol, saving time. it then glimpsed me with a caption, my files over 25000 bitrates, oops, it seems it isnt gonna playback after all, eventhough the qulity on this .bin is spectacular, it really is, its a good sized 3/4, and easy fits full screen with no problem, the files about 712 mb so fits onto the disk w/ nproblems, i dont think the bitrate is calculated correct, is there a program i could use to encode this file really hot so that it fits srtaight onto disk and i can watch it on my stand alone? also is the dvd directory list of a svcd (copied) really important to keep, i heard you have to burn it to .cue for some reason, praps only support so that u can burn it to cd-r after the cd-rw copy? i dont really understand...also i created a VCD yesterday, didnt work either, i done the nero express walkthrough easy, and added the file(s) to extract and encode to cd, it encoded them since the files were in a wrong state of Mpg, they encoded okay, it copied fine, i operated the player as usual, no suprise didnt work at all ! lol, im having no luck....

9. Praetor

Know ahead of time that PAL<>NTSC conversions are usually icky (especially the audio). Try some of the stuff i posted in the PM see if it works

10. Shoey

Shoey Guest

And you watch your DivX/Xvid rips on ...? (hehe)= your pc unless you have one of those damn expensive Kiss home dvd players that support DivX video playback. Converting DivX/Xvid/AVI using DVD2DSVCD& Cinema Craft Encoder is quite simple Praetor, just ask Dela.
    I don't watch my SVCD encoded video on my pc, I open each file and play about 30 seconds to be sure the audio/video is in sync then burn the bin& cue file(s).

Shoey :)_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Certified Computer Technician
    http://www.afterdawn.com/general/legal.cfm
    Mobo: MSI KT4VL-6712
    CPU: AthlonXP Barton 2500+
    Ram: 512 SD-DDR (PC-2700)
    nVidia GeForce4 MX440-8x
    Maxtor ATA\133 80 gig hd
    DVD-ROM: LiteOn LTD 165H
    CDRW: Memorex52MAXX 2452[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2003
  11. madferit

madferit Member

i keep gettin stupid write errors, i rit at x4 n lowest 300kb a sec with nero! not workin still, that vcdgear is a usual program cheers, please help!

12. Praetor

Hehe i'm a university student... too poor for a real TV... 'sides i like computers :p

madferit:
    What make/model of burner you got? Consider also that your burner might be dusted?

13. madferit

madferit Member

possbile i think its the file, i dunno! Nero dont work, the Burnatonce dont work either, both same problem

is a Toshiba DVD SD-R1102 it burns everythin fine usually!

14. Praetor

What bitrate did you set for your SVCD? I think Nero likes it to be 2250KB/s. Also check that the resolution and framerate are correct

15. madferit

madferit Member

cheers mate, but how would i do this? using the encoders?

16. Praetor

Just use the automated wizards in something like TMPGEnc! They will set the bitrates for ya automatically as well as the appropriate framerates and such. (This would prolly be better suited on the (S)VCD threads) :)_X_X_X_X_X_[small]ASUS A7V8X-X, AMD2500+
    Samsung 1024MB, PC2700
    360GB [3x120GB, 7200, 8MB]
    MSI Starforce, GeForce4 Ti4400 128MB

AFTERDAWN IRC: irc.emule-project.net, #ad_buddies
    COME SAY HI![/small]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2003
  17. madferit

madferit Member

okay mate will do, il try that :)