1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD into DivX5 format - Guide for 16:9 anamorphic movies

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by jshumko, Nov 20, 2004.

1. jshumko

jshumko Member

I'm trying to use this guide and it's not working. The problem is when I get to Virtual Dub. My DivX Pro version is 5.2.1 so the instructions in the guide don't match the software. I did the best guess work I could with that.

In the end, I have a first pass avi with sound and no video, and a second pass avi with video and no sound. Any ideas on what might be wrong or is there a better guide a person can use?

2. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

Generally you would have your audio, then take two passes to get your video, and then mux the two together (using NanDub or equiv) to get your AudioVideo Interleave.
    So if you are getting your video after two passes, what then has become of your sound?
    I can tell you two things:
    The DivX Pro 5.2.1 is an excellent codec, and is the only DivX codec that is WinXP SP2 compatible.
    And, AutoGordianKnot (AutoGK) will work better for you than following that guide.
    It has helped a lot of people and is still workable, but the guide is getting a little long in the tooth...
    If you can produce your video and locate your audio, then mux them together (which is kinda what I do).
    I use the full GordianKnot, but I do my audio separately (manually).
    But really, try the AutoGK and then, re-evaluate your situation at that time... let us know what you decide ;-)
    Regards