1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD is fuzzy when playing

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Swim56530, Nov 10, 2004.

1. Swim56530

Swim56530 Member

I recently posted a thread asking about the quality of disks because on some of the discs I was using, the movie would become fuzzy and freeze. A member of this forum told me to stay with the other disks I was using (Ridata DVD+R 4x). Just now, I was watching a movie on a Ridata and it became fuzzy and froze. What is going on. I just recently spent countless hours redoing so many DVD's and putting them onto Ridata. Why does the movie become fuzzy and freeze. Please help me. I have cleaned the DVD player with a lens cleaner. I have a built in tv DVD player.

2. Swim56530

Swim56530 Member

I also had a label from CD Stomper on this movie. I read that sometimes labels can cause skipping and pixelating. Please help

3. Kingd

Kingd Guest

Swim56530: It all starts with your DvD player. Check videohelp.com and search for your dvd player to see what kind of dvd media compatability it has. With any luck, people have posted about their experiences and can share what does and doesn't work. Sometimes certain players just don't do a very good job of playing dvd-R or +R formats. Also, if +R, burning the DVD+R with booktype setting on can help sometimes. Also burning at 2X sometimes helps as well. If that doesn't work, get a new player. DvD players are fairly cheap nowadays. Again, you can use videohelp.com to search for a good player that is still on the market.