1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd is too big?

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by lesstjake, Feb 11, 2007.

1. lesstjake

lesstjake Regular member

I'm trying to make a backup of the first LOTR and it needed to be compressed a bit to make it to a dvd size. The file size is 4.39gb now and nero recode gets to the step where it says to pop in a blank dvd but any blank I put in it says its too small...I don't really know what to do

2. lesstjake

lesstjake Regular member

I thought about overburning but I don't wanna break anything so I think I'll just make it smaller. It says a dvd should be 4.7gb but I guess the max size on these dvds is smaller, like <4.5

3. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

this sounds very familar....... here is what Alkohol says about NON COMPRESSABLE DVDs that are too big and won't fit on a DVD! use his guide and see if you're successful.... I'm sure you'll be able to.... here ya go:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/293994http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/293994

I have done this movie with RipIt4Me and then instead of DVDShrink I used DVDRebuilder Pro with CCE and it came out great! I know you can also do this moive with AnyDVD and CloneDVD2....try their 21 day free trial, it's a member favorite around here, simple, easy and fast:
    http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html

there is burn in and burn out of the DVD so the video that you can put on a 4.7GB DVD (DVD5) is 4.32GB!

Last edited: Feb 11, 2007
  4. lesstjake

lesstjake Regular member

Well I tried compressing to a lower size (4480) but I guess thats still too big or something cuz it says I need a DVD+R DL to burn it too

5. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

that is too big still..... the most you can do is 4469 but I do not advise that..... go no farther than 4400 with first class media! And many members go to 4300, just in case!

6. lesstjake

lesstjake Regular member

yep im goin to 4300 this time.

7. lesstjake

lesstjake Regular member

4300 works. Question though, when I'm using nero recode to burn dvds it only burns at 8x. I usually burn at 4x b/c its safer. Should I reburn my 8x dvds or will they be safe? Recode doesn't give me a 4x choice anywhere