1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD isn't working in player after burning with Nero

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Mike0123, Sep 25, 2004.

1. Mike0123

Mike0123 Member

Hello all,
    I have a folder on my hard drive labeled VIDEO_TS and it contains all the typical files need for creating a DVD. It has the following: VIDEO_TS.BUP, VIDEO_TS.IFO, VTS_01_0.BUP, VTS_01_0.IFO, VTS_01_1.VOB, VTS_01_2.VOB. When I use Nero I do the same steps as I usually do when creating DVDs. Also on the finished burn I have the right folders on the DVD...AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS and all the files are in the VIDEO_TS folder. When it is done the DVD will play on my computer drive but will not play on my DVD player on my TV, and its a new one that plays pratically every format of media. I made sure of that. I have created several DVDs in the past using the same method and have never had any problems. Even going back and looking at them they contain all the same files too. I am lost on why only this one isnt working? Any suggestions?

2. crazymf77

crazymf77 Guest

What type of media are you using? Some have compatibility issues.

3. Mike0123

Mike0123 Member

I have tried both DVD+R and DVD-R

4. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

5. Mike0123

Mike0123 Member

I am using Maxell and Memorex. I have been using these for several months now and have never had a problem. Again, this is the only time my DVD player on my TV doesn't seem to like it. Its a Samsung that is compatible with those formats.

6. Newfee

Newfee Regular member

What type of media did you use this time? Memorex is not a good media as there are different manufacturers that can make the disk...you may get crap or you may not. Check out this thread...

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/103750

I learned the hard way that Memorex is crap...10 coasters out of 25!

7. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Mike0123,

Are you backing up your dvd's or making your own compilation?

8. Mike0123

Mike0123 Member

own compilation

9. Mike0123

Mike0123 Member

ok.....I will try and update some of the info. I am still having a problem. I have tried burnign another DVD. Again I have a folder with all the proper files. Before it burns Nero pops up a window saying "you are about to burn a multisession disk that may not play in computers with OS older than XP" Then I have 3 options to pick: Continue with multisession, Continue without Multisession, and Cancel. I am not sure why this message shows up when burning some DVDs and not others. Is this an indication? The file structure looks the same an ALL the DVDS I burn whether its a ripped DVD or one I created on Ulead. Again the problem is when I am burning a ripped DVD. I have a folder on my hard drive (TS_VIDEO) with all the need files. I am at a loss......making alot of nice frisbies though.

10. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Hi Mike0123,

You should not be getting a message of "you are about to burn a multisession disk that may not play in computers with OS older than XP" if you are selecting the DVD-Video format.

There is no option for creating a multisession DVD under that format. Are you sure that is the process you are using and that is the error message you are getting?

Do you only get this message with this content you are having trouble with playing back after the burn?

How was this content created?

Regards,

Craig

Ahead Software
    USA

11. geddylee1

geddylee1 Member

one thing i noticed with nero and not burnatonce (which is another program thats free and as good to use after shrink) is this : if you check the menu option and leave it in you need to stop playback on the dvd player first and go to next before you play it. i found it better to not add a vcd menu. un check that. atleast thats the case w/ my dvd player. it only auto plays when iv'e unchecked that box when i burn. otherwise i have to mess w/it to play it. and burnatonce works with shrink too and just as good. free too. but maby not quite as fast but close enough