1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Lab and Nero

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by boarder80, Jun 26, 2004.

1. boarder80

boarder80 Member

I've compiled a DVD with DVD Lab and burned it with Nero. The DVD won't play on my stand alone player, it plays with "high speed" sound on my Xbox, and it plays perfectly on my PC. I can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong... suggestions? Are there other tools that I should use?

Last edited: Jun 26, 2004
  2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

What happens when you put the DVD in your player? Are you sure your DVD player can play burned DVDs?

Did you get everything linked properly? I don't know if the movie is freezing on a menu or just refusing to play at all. It sounds like the project is not DVD-video compliant so your player can't play it.

Normally DVD Lab will let you know if something is wrong with the connections. Can you describe your project connections?

3. boarder80

boarder80 Member

It's not an issue of compatibility (I think)... I used background music on my menus (.wav). The menus work on PC but on Xbox the background music plays very fast, and my standalone player (which normally accepts DVD-Rs) won't play it at all. I guess the obvious answer is "Turn off background music" but I really like that feature...

4. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

I normally don't use music on a menu but thought I would try.

I opened DVD Lab and found an asset for music, something called "track 6", a 48 kHz .wav about 3:43 long. I added it to my assets. Next I selected something for a movie. A 5 minute clip of a lake and a tree. (don't ask)

Next, I selected a still background for the menu, added some text- "start", and added the .wav and linked the text to the movie. I then opened the connections window and established a link back to the menu when the movie finishes and set the menu to loop upon time-out.

I compiled it and burned it to a DVD+RW I had laying around.

(Track 6 happens to be Van Halen "Why can't this be love?" It is playing in my DVD player as I type this.)

What all this means is that you can add a .wav file to the menu and have it work properly. Did you add a loop to the menu? Is your .wav 48 kHz?

I would not give up yet, I actually like adding music to a still menu, and you should be able to do it.

I would not consider a test in your PC or X box valid. DVD Lab, like most other DVD programs are designed to let you create DVD-Video compliant discs. The DVD player will only play compliant discs. If there is an error in the .ifo file the computer may still play it, your DVD player needs an error free .ifo to know how to play the disc. Thats the simple version anyhow.

What could cause this? Improper links or bad media are two possibilities. Again, your computer can handle poor media much better than your DVD player, so that is something to look at also.
    Frank

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]motorcycle racer
    computer newbie
    Sony VAIO
    Suzuki GSXR1000
    [​IMG][/small]

Last edited: Jun 28, 2004