1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD LAB CHAPTER FREEZE + OVERLAY

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by Dwayno, Jan 15, 2004.

1. Dwayno

Dwayno Member

Hi there,
    I'm having a problem whereby when I play a dvd in my player, certain chapters freeze when I select them. They start to play then just freeze. I have to either press next, until I reach a playable chapter.
    I'm using DVD Lab and I manually create scenes, then choose the scene selection to automatically create the scene layouts.
    I do test the authored DVD in PowerDVD before I burn to disk. But no chapter freeze occurs in PowerDVD. Only on both of my standalone DVD players. I've also noticed that it seems to happen to scenes which begin with text or still images. Does anybody have any suggestions?
    Also when I use scene selection option, this annoying orange dotted box appears over each scene labelled overlay. When I delete this box it removes the link and I have to add the link to the chapter manually then it's ok. Does anybody know why this happens as well?

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well I have never had any of these Problems but I have had Varius Problems if I choose the "Frame Index Chapters" Option when createing the Video_TS Folder....just a thought

3. Dwayno

Dwayno Member

Thanks Minion, I'll try deselecting the frame index chapters option, to see if that makes any difference.

4. Dwayno

Dwayno Member

Well Minion, you certainly seem to know your stuff. After deselecting this option, I authored the DVD files and tested them both on PC and DVD player and no chapter freeze. It seems to have resolved this issue. I'm only left with the sync problem, which I have posted to you about, see thread:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/66272

Thanks again Minion your help is much appreciated.