1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Lab Issues...

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by bdybrdr, Dec 30, 2003.

1. bdybrdr

bdybrdr Member

I have all the DVD-format files ready and want to use DVD lab to make the final disc with menus... the resolution on the video files is 320x240, however, and DVD Lab seems to be having major issues... I burned the DVD disc to my hard drive to test it out and windows media player will show the menu (w/out any menu sound) and play the 320x240 movie in a small corner of the screen. WinDVD4 will play the menu audio, but does not display the menu... anybody have advice? Thanks!

2. bdybrdr

bdybrdr Member

3. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well it really doesn"t matter what your Problems are when Trying to Play on your PC because these Files will not Play on your DVD Player because 320+240 is NOT a DVD Compliant Resolution ,These are Just Plain Not DVD compliant, The Files would have to be at least 352+240 for them to Conform to the SIF DVD standard which is the Lowest resolution your TV should be able to Play...You are haveing Problems Playing on your PC because the Menu"s and the Video are of 2 different resolutions with the Menu"s being 352+240 and the Video being 320+240 this Makes them difficult to play with software DVD Players....Cheers

4. bdybrdr

bdybrdr Member

ah, ha! awesome... thx for the reply.. i should've realized that sooner... now, to resize the stupid video files... :\

5. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well to resize the Files you are going to have to re-encode them which will greatly reduce the Quality of the Files, If you have the Original files that you created the Mpeg files from then you should encode them....Cheers

6. bdybrdr

bdybrdr Member

OK, well before I read your reply I just changed the mode in DVD Lab to full D1 and saved the files to HD ... WinDVD played them fine and WMP wouldn't... so I burned and it played fine and in full screen... the quality was about what it was running in full screen in my comp from the original MPEG so yah... it worked out OK... they were just TV rips anyway. Thanks for the help :)

ps- they played on my Xbox too!! (i'm using 2x Maxell DVD-R)