1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-Lab Pro Audio problem?

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by larrylje, Mar 24, 2005.

1. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I have downloaded DVD lab pro and I imported an Mpeg2 file into it from capturing a VCR tape.

The problem im having is that it wont except the audio file cause it is 41.1khz and says it needs to be 48khz.

I used the transcoder that they provided to change it but the sound is crapy after the conversion. Is there any program out there that i can take the mpa file and change it from 41.1 to 48khz and keep the quility?

Last edited: Mar 24, 2005
  2. Minion

Minion Senior member

What you would need to do is first Demux your Mpeg file and then use a Good audio Converter or audio Editor to convert the audio to 48000HZ...

One that is Free and Produces very Good Quality but is Rather slow is called "Headac3he"..You can Find it if you do a Google search but remember to also download the Required DLL files....

What I actually do is Take my 44100hz audio and Load it into Vegas Video 5 or Sound Forge 8 and encode the audio to Dolby Digital AC3 at 48000HZ.....

Cheers

PS: You can also use "Tmpgenc Pluss" or "Tmpgenc Xpress" to resample the audio to 48000hz and if you have the Dolby AC3 Plugin you can also encode the audio to Dolby AC3 useing Tmpgenc Xpress...

Another thing is if you knew you were going to Put this VHS Tape on to DVD why didn"t you just Capture the audio at 48000hz in the First Place as it would have saved you a Lot of Trouble....

Last edited: Mar 25, 2005
  3. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

Demux as Minion has mentioned.

Just get Ffmpeggui (it's free) and transcode the demuxed audio into AC3.
    Import the AC3 into dvdlab.

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I fixed the problem by finding the setting on my capturing card to capture in DVD format. Thanks for the replys anyway.

The problem im having now is when I creat chapters and menus in DVD Lab when I get the final output file after encoding everything the sound is off at the end. When I start the movie the sound is in synch but at the end of the movie it not. Any sugestions?

Last edited: Mar 29, 2005
  5. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

Yes, do what I suggested above.
    This is not a DVDLab problem, it's a capture/enocde problem.

6. larrylje

larrylje Active member

It is a DVD Lab problem.

The sound is in synch after I capture it in DVD format.

It works fine in nero Vision Express but when I use DVD Lab the output movie has a synch problem.

7. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

I'll say it again. This is an encoding problem, not a DLP problem
    Nero, or any other SOFTWARE player has a host of codecs to play files, in a multitude of formats, in many players. Things sync up easily on a computer, that will NOT sync up on a DVD.
    Demux your audio, adjust as needed, import into DLP, author.
    First, encoding audio in a VIDEO encoder sucks. None of them do a decent job in many cases, and having the encoder mux the output is a waste of time, when using an authoring app that is going to demux anyhow.
    Second, rip audio from the source, and transcode manually. Encode ONLY the VIDEO in whatever encoder.
    Third, transcode audio to 48khz (preferrably AC3 for DVD spec) in ffmpeggui, Besweet, Tmpgenc's AC3 plugin, or other GOOD audio transcoder.
    Fourth, Remux audio and video ONLY during authoring.

8. w3tno

w3tno Member

Question directed to Minion, but anyone may answer. You have mentioned Sound Forge 8 and Dolby AC3. I have Sound Forge 8.0, but the help file has not mention whatsoever of Dolby sound. Is there a 3rd-party AC3 plug-in for Sound Forge 8?

9. Minion

Minion Senior member

You can encode To AC3 in Sound Forge but you can not Open AC3 file in Sound Forge and yes you would need the AC3 Plugin Activated....

Or if you have Vegas Video and DVD Architect installed then you will get Full Dolby 5.1 support....

10. w3tno

w3tno Member

Well, I have Sony Sound Forge 8.0 (Build 53), but when I do a File Save As, I am NOT offered the choice of AC3. Furthermore, the help file doesn't contain either of the words "AC3" or "Dolby". I certainly would like to find out how to purchase an AC3 plug-in, but a limited Google search has been unsucessful.

11. w3tno

w3tno Member

Well, I have Sony Sound Forge 8.0 (Build 53), but when I do a File Save As, I am NOT offered the choice of AC3. Furthermore, the help file doesn't contain either of the words "AC3" or "Dolby". I certainly would like to find out how to purchase an AC3 plug-in, but a limited Google search has been unsucessful.

12. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well I have Sony Vegas Video 6 installed and it has Dolby AC3 encodeing so Maybe that is why I get Dolby AC3 encodeing in Sound Forge 8?
    So maybe that feature is only available if you have Vegas Video Installed Cut you can use Sound Forge In Vegas Video as the audio editor even though it isn"t needed because Vegas Video has Plenty of audio tools...

You would probably have to contact Sony and ask them if it is available as a plugin for Sound Forge or if it is only available if Vegas Video is installed....

13. w3tno

w3tno Member

Minion, I appreciate your help on this matter. A month or two ago I scoured the Sony site for any mention of an AC3 plug-in for Sound Forge and could not find anything about this topic. I believe you have hit the nail on the head - buy Vegas and then AC3 will work on Sound Forge also.

14. Minion

Minion Senior member

well if you can get ahold of Vegas Video that you would have the Dolby AC3 encodeing features and it also has pretty much the same audio editing and Filters and effects that sound Forge has so you can do pretty much anything you can do in Sound Forge in Vegas Video.....

Cheers