1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Lab Pro - Playback Problem

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by Dombo, Apr 14, 2007.

1. Dombo

Dombo Member

Hi all,
    was wondering if you could help me, i am using dvd lab pro to make dvds with 2 or 3 films on them, and id say 95% of the time it works great but every so often i compile a dvd and i play it back on my computer to check its linked correctly before i burn it to disc and sometimes one of the video files will not work from the title screen, its like, i click the link to start and it will freeze as if its thinking about it then just re highlight the link and wont play, it will usually play the other files, i cant work out what this is, i thought it might have been the program i was using for combining files but its not, does anyone have any idea or encountered this problem?
    Cheers

2. Suba

Suba Regular member

If you have 2 or 3 files in one VTS, they have to be the same format (video, Audio) otherwise they need to be in separate VTS.
    I also found that some software players are not very good, like WMP.
    I use Nero Show Time or PowerDVD player, found those to be reliable.
    Also if I have DVD in question, than I burn DVD/RW and play on standalone player. That is the ultimate test as none of the software players will act the same as standalone.

3. Dombo

Dombo Member

ok cheers, for that, i have been using nero showtime to test it, but i understand what you mean by using it on a standalone player.

have u encountered this problem with dvd lab?

4. Dombo

Dombo Member

i have just burnt the dvd files to dvd rw and it wont play on my player as suspected,
    since yesterday i have converted the file to mpeg2,mpeg2,divx and converted each of them to dvd, then put it in dvd lab and it still wont play, i have been making the dvd with just one file to save time and each time it wont play.

The link is purple and when i click it, its like something is blocking it from playing the movie, but i dont know what!

5. Suba

Suba Regular member

Are you mixing files?
    I do not get what you mean by mpeg2,mpeg2,DivX.?
    What do you mean by purple link?
    The files have to be converted to Mpeg2 DVD compliant format.
    I had this problem once when file was Mpeg2 but not DVD compliant.
    I use TMPGEnc Xpress for encoding.
    Can you post picture of connection window?

Last edited: Apr 16, 2007
  6. Dombo

Dombo Member

sorry to confuse you, i have been converting 1 file to various different video files then converting them to dvd using winavi, i didnt mean i was mixing files i was trying various different files and kept getting the same result.
    what i mean by the purple link is basically the link is highlighted and when i click it nothing happens.

now, i have just updated my dvd lab to version 2.2 and i have been given an error message, maybe this is the problem!

Start building Video Title Set ( VTS ) ... - 2001
    Title - 1
    Start building VOB streams - 2210
    Rewriting VOB streams is in process ... - 2420
    [ERR} VOBU end address is recorded incorrectly. Process is terminated - 2995
    Abort - 3999

7. Suba

Suba Regular member

It looks like your files are not Mpeg2 DVD.
    Do you get any message when importing to asset bin and demuxing for processing?

8. Dombo

Dombo Member

no nothing until i try compiling it and that was the message i got.

9. Suba

Suba Regular member

I would try TMPGEnc encoder, they have trial version. I am little uneasy about free softwares, unless they prove to be OK.
    I know DVD lab works if the file is properly encoded. I use it a lot.
    I do not know what options you have in Winavi. Can you set bitrate?
    Can you look in asset bin window and type what properties it lists for your files?
    From how far compiler proceeded it looks like there is something drastically wrong with your imported file.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2007