1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD LAB PRO

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by pernes, Oct 24, 2004.

1. pernes

pernes Member

Just downloaded dvd lab pro, finding it all a bit confusing!! Trying to put two movies on one disc and add a menu so that you can select either film, has anyone used this program for this and if so any advice?
    Used dvd shrink to rip movie and have nero 6 to burn or would I use dvd lab pro to burn from?

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

I use it all the time. Read the guides at the website. My advice is to make some very short clips to practice with. Use Shrink's Start/End feature to cut a few minutes or so from a movie. Put it in a folder. Do it again so you have two clips in two folders.

Open DVD Lab and import the first .vob from each folder into your Assets bin. You need to select the "demux and join" option when it pops up.

Half the battle is just getting the clips or movie .vobs demuxed and joined.

Once that is done, open the connections window and drag the video and associated audio file into the movie 1 window.

Next, make a menu by clicking on "menu 1" in the connections window. For your first attempts just add text. "Play Movie" or something like that. Once it is there in the menu, right click the text and follow the drop down menu to link the text to the 1st chapter of movie 1.

Next, open the connections window, right click on the movie and link the end of the movie back to the menu.

That is about the simplest way I know to make a movie with Lab.

To add another movie, just right click in the connections window and select "add movie" from the menu. Add the additional text to your menu and establish the connections as before.

I always use Nero to burn my lab projects with.
    The last time I checked, Pro was still in beta so don't expect perfection.

Read the guide for DVD lab at the website first!

Frank

3. pernes

pernes Member

Many thanks I will give your advice ago.

4. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

I checked again and Pro is finally out of beta. A sad day indeed to those who were enjoying months on end of the free version. Standard lab does everything I need to do so I'll stick with that for now.

5. bigorange

bigorange Active member

LOL, yep frank, just wanted to say Pro is now for sale!

I've been debating getting it. But is it worth another 199.00? I have DVDLab :>)

6. MackemX

MackemX Regular member

@pernes,if it's just a simple menu for 2 movies then use the basic version as mentioned :)

$200 is a lot of money ain't it :(

you can do it for free anyway with DVDShrink and Titlewriter and a lot faster. It's not a spectacular but it works :)

you can also use DVDAuthor (also free) but you would have to demux the video/audio with with VOBEDIT or DVDDecrypter (free again)

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]DVD Backup Tools and Guide

http://www.Deano.dsl.pipex.com/dvdremake/dvdremake.htm
    http://www.DVDStripper.com[/small]

Last edited: Oct 30, 2004
  7. OzMick

OzMick Guest

If you have already purchased DVDLab, I understand that you can upgrade for just $100, or has that changed? Makes it a little more reasonable if you were debating getting an entirely new copy.

8. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Ozmick, thanx for the info, makes it a little more feasible now, still that's a 100.00, can't let my wife find out if I do. LOL ;>)

9. OzMick

OzMick Guest

Been going through the same ordeal... wondering whether I'm going to author that many DVDs in the next few years that I need to part with that much money... I would need to make quite a few to be justifying $200, when many DVDs retail for $20. Still undecided, but erring towards not bothering.