1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-Lab Question

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by CrazyCoot, Apr 14, 2004.

1. CrazyCoot

CrazyCoot Guest

I downloaded the trial version and was quite impressed with it. My only issue was no audio when you are cutting and previewing your assets. I think I read that you have to have a 3rd party software for the audio. Am I just ignorant or is there a simple way to get your audio when you are previewing you assets? And also, are there any additional issues that I should be aware of before I purchase the DVD-Lab? Thanks.

2. CrazyCoot

CrazyCoot Guest

Come on, someone in the know please throw me a bone here.

3. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

What format audio were you dealing with?

4. CrazyCoot

CrazyCoot Guest

Thanks for the reply Praetor.
    I am working with mpeg2 files with the audio and video combined. If I am not mistaken dvd-lab would break them apart. My problem came when I tried to edit out some material. Without some of the audio ques, I couldn't edit precisely.

What I am looking to do is the following: I had some college football games on my directv pvr recorder. I encoded them on my crappy Dazzle (in name only) mpeg encoder to my hard drive. Now I want to create authored dvds with an opening screen, intro music, and custom chapters. These files are very big and there are many of them. I am looking for some software to give me the ability to do the above for around $100. I cannot see spending $800 on adobe for personal use. Thanks for any feedback you may have. I also saw high marks for the TMP?? software that runs for around $70. I got Ulead with my dvd recorder but it crashes with the big files.

The computer is not the problem. I have got [bold]plenty[/bold] of machine to do it.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2004
  5. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

are you looking to put these on dvd? or just as mpeg2 files?

if dvd, i would perhaps try using nero burn 6.0, i think nerovision has a feature to basically make your own home video and allow for clip import and time sequences and transitions..

but you might want to consider editing the video clips themselve in virtual dub.. its free (not sure if its available still..) lets you re-encode video and sync audio to clips and save in avi format and perhaps mpeg..

just a few ideas i'd throw out..
    peace
    seamonkey420