1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd lab

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by dasnico, Aug 24, 2004.

1. dasnico

dasnico Member

its possible to import an mpeg movie right into dvd lab?

but why does there appear an excamination point next to the movie? and when i want to preview it nothing happends. in the manual is written that mpeg can be read by dvd lab. so why isnt it recognizing the file?

ciao thx.

2. drwatson

drwatson Member

Dasnico: This caused me some confusion when I first used DVDLAb also. The red exclamation point is warning you that the mpg file is being processed and is not ready for use. In the mpg, the video and audio are mixed together into one bitstream. DVD lab is "demultiplexing" them into separate files, which usually takes some time (5-10 minutes on my machine, depending upon file size, hard disk speed, and processor speed). When it's complete, you'll have two new files in your "Assets": an ".mpv" which is the video and an ".mpa" which is the audio. At this point, you click and drag them both to the "Movie" window and you can then continue with the authoring process.

You can select the default settings for this process by going to Project\Project Properties\Options and setting the "Demultiplex" options. There is a "fast" option the skips the demultiplexing, but I've found that this doesn't yield reliable audio. But using demultiplexing has always been reliable (provided you don't forget to click and drag the mpa file to the movie window -- I've done that a few times!...)