1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-Lab

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by SlemSven, Jan 29, 2005.

1. SlemSven

SlemSven Member

I'm making a DVD collection of old VHS tapes me and my buddies have recorded with our camera. About 15 separate movie clips or so.
    I'm using DVD-Lab Pro for this since I've found it's very easy yet powerful for making DVD's.

Okay so here's the deal:
    I want to have two options in the main menu, "play movie" which will play all the 15 clips and then it should return to main menu, and "choose clip" where you can choose to play each clip individually and then it should return to the "choose clip" menu again.

My question is: how do I do this?
    There must be some setting or script which says like "If movie is triggered from menu1 then play next clip, if triggered from menu2 then return to menu2" or sumthin :p...

Of course another way of doing this would be to have duplicate's of every clip, one that plays the next clip on end and one that returns to "choose clip" on end.
    Although, that would just be silly stupid and consume unnecessary space... I'm sure there's a way to solve this? Anyone done the same?

2. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

Menu 1:
    Link to movie 1.
    Link to menu 2.
    Menu 2:
    Link to each clip.
    Connections window:
    Link movie 1 to movie 2, movie 2 to movie 3, etc...
    There's another way, but it's more confusing.
    If this way works for you, great. If not, I can post the other method.

3. SlemSven

SlemSven Member

Yes I can see what you mean but the thing I want is that when you play the movie from the main menu it should play ALL the clips before returning to main menu again.
    When you select and play a specific clip from the "choose clip"-menu, only that one clip should be played, and then return to "choose clip"-menu.

If the other, more confusing method involves making this possible then please post it :D

4. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member