1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Label Hard Lesson

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by tomdreiss, Feb 9, 2007.

1. tomdreiss

tomdreiss Member

Just wanted to pass on a lesson I learned the hard way. In spite of several warnings in the afterdawn forums on NOT using DVD labels on DVDs I did so anyway. Although I used name brand (Neato) labels with their labeling system on top quality media(Verbatim)I now find that about 35% of them generate errors and render them unplayable and unbackable. Thank goodness I purchased an Epson R340 to print directly on DVDs soon after I started labeling my backups...the paper labeled DVDs only account for about 5% of my collection. When looking at the DVD itself most of them look perfect but some of them have developed a hazy appearence. All my printable DVDs are Ritek or TY -Rs and so far have not had any problems with them. So read and learn people! (Like I didn't...LOL)

Last edited: Feb 9, 2007
  2. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

tomdreiss- look around there is a post about Removing labels with a product called goo gone That might be your safest bet -or maybe a hair dryer set to warm/hot !

Last edited: Feb 9, 2007
  3. blake123

blake123 Guest

i saw in another forum that googone will get it off.

4. onya

onya Guest

If you can't get goo gone, WD40 will also do the trick, as well as Eucalyptus oil. (Just don't go rubbing your DVD's on the nearest Koala you find,....they don't like it. LOL)

5. onya

onya Guest

By the Advertisement shown, it seems our Admins have a sense of humour also. LMAO :)

6. tomdreiss

tomdreiss Member

Since I own the originals it's not that big a deal to reburn them on printable media. Remember these are BACK-UPS right??? LOL I almost choked when I saw that ad! LMAO