1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Labels for the DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by sjg1999xp, Sep 7, 2004.

1. sjg1999xp

sjg1999xp Guest

Hey, I know you need the special sticky paper, is there somewhere I can get this cheap and is some brands better then others? Also, is there a free program out there or if I have to pay what is the best program do make the DVd labels for the DVD, I found this website that seems like they have all the movies, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Steve

http://www.cdcovers.cc/

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Before you get carried away and label all your dvd's, be advised that the labels usually cause many playback problems. Do a search on here for dvd labels and you will get so many posts against the labels you won't believe it. Try one or 2 and see how they play. Some players can handle the labels, others can't. I use Fellows Neato labels and program. I think the startup kit with the program was about $20. The site you listed is very good. I use it for the dvd plastic cover picture.

Jerry

3. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

I also use Neato. They have a label applicator that you must absolutely have. Trying to do your own just won't work.

Labels are OK IF you apply them evenly (hence the need for an applicator) else the label will throw the disk off balance. First off the disc most likely won't play and second, running off balanced discs will tear up your drive (a bad thing).

If you want cheap, use a felt marker -

Cheers

4. sjg1999xp

sjg1999xp Guest

Thanks for the info

5. sjg1999xp

sjg1999xp Guest

6. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Printing directly to disc is hands down the best solution for making them purdy :)

7. sjg1999xp

sjg1999xp Guest

Do you think this is a good printer for 90. dollars and also will this affect the quality because in a previous post someone said that labels affect the quality I just want to make sure printing directly on the DVD/CD won't cause any problems, here is what scuba Pete said to me:

Labels are OK IF you apply them evenly (hence the need for an applicator) else the label will throw the disk off balance. First off the disc most likely won't play and second, running off balanced discs will tear up your drive (a bad thing).

If you want cheap, use a felt marker -

8. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

The Epson R200 seems to be a decent enough printer. Other members here have talked favorably of it. If you do a forum search for "R200" you're sure to come up with a few threads.

I'm not aware of any problems printing directly to disc.

9. sjg1999xp

sjg1999xp Guest

Thanks again...Steve

10. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Easily, a disc printer is the way to go. The cost and space restraints are the only negative aspects of it HOWEVER, as far as cost is concerned, the continued cost of pre-cut labels over time will make the printer (in the long run) the cheapest way to go.

Cheers,

Pete

11. bigfoot30

bigfoot30 Member

Hi ScubaPete
    I was so confused as to what my initial problems were I stopped using the Neato Labels altogether. I might go back and try a few to see how they work out. (ps)
    Hey Pete, I see you call yourself Ole Man Pete,,, bet I'm older,,,51 here,,, lol

12. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

BigFoot,

Been there done that, quite a while ago -

Thanks youngster was nice of you to ask :)

Just call me "Uncle" ScubaPete

13. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Ooohhh and over 300 DVD's so far this year with Neato Labels and they are all fine, thank you very much :)

14. bigfoot30

bigfoot30 Member

Scuba,
    I think I'll go back to labels too,,, they look so classy that way. Got a quick question,, There's a time stamp on each post,, is it GMT?,, I'm in CST

15. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

I believe it is the time wherever you are, if you're posting it should say your time. It does for me, let me know what yours read.

Believe it or not, I only check the dates :p)

Ooohhh and not to be evasive, I'm 60 :p) That's why I say, "Old man" -

What state ?

Cheers

Last edited: Sep 9, 2004