1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD labels NOT covers?!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jlrm365, Dec 13, 2004.

1. jlrm365

jlrm365 Regular member

I assume labels are those things that go directly onto the DVDs themselves.

Otherwise, for the purposes of this thread, allow the definition to be so.

Having just bought an Epson R200 to print onto DVDs themselves, is there any site that just does DECENT DVD label art and has more than a dozen or so examples?

DaProgger's site seems the best so far, but has missed 75% of what I am looking for... according to the criteria I detail in this post... so I seek another also!

I have scoured this site and come up with several examples of sites that do, this post being the most complete list of would be resources:

"DVD Covers and Label sites":
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/127828

... but have yet to come across a site that either has more than a few, has some that are not hacked together or has not confused "label" with "cover" (what I understand to be the thing that goes on the box, as opposed to the DVD itself).

It would be nice to have a resource to visit, where I am somewhat sure that what I seek will be there!

Thanks!

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

3. jlrm365

jlrm365 Regular member

Sigh.

One of the many listed in the above link.

There is one in the list on that link, that has at least a dozen and he makes them himself.

That's quite a nice collection but so small.

I could do the same, as I am a designer also, but find it hard to get the time free... as I have too many other interests.

Does anyone else know of sites for labels and NOT covers?!

4. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

5. Modesto

Modesto Member

I'm not sure if I've got it right but you seemed to say that http://www.cdcovers.cc has only a few covers, mostly custom? The labels there are provided by users so the quality varies, but the quantity certainly is large, and mostly scans of original cd face.

6. jlrm365

jlrm365 Regular member

Modesto:
    "I'm not sure if I've got it right"
    You do not... and I have addressed that site already, but thanks for your consideration.

Mort81:
    "http://www.customcdlabels.com/"
    That is perhaps the best I have yet seen. Some of the design is shockingly bad, but most is excellent and I was able to find most of what I was looking for.

The great thing about custom jobs is that the quality tends to be good, as scans cannot compete with original work.

Your other one I have seen but was not impressed. However... I'll recommend your first choice to others! THANKS!

7. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Ya, I like that one too. Between it and Daproggers you can usually find some descent labels.

8. dvd8man

dvd8man Member

I know your looking for covers to print onto the cd but i was wondering If there was a thermal printer that you could buy to print onto the cds with out those paper stickers? thanks

9. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

You can buy inkjet printable media as opposed to useing paper stickon labels. I don't have any problems with installing the label then printing directly on the dvd with my Epson R200.

10. jlrm365

jlrm365 Regular member

dvd8man - Did you read my first post in this thread?

Epson r200 (or r300 - has card readers).

It's a photo printer, inkjet as others are and perhaps the easiest way to print onto discs.

Contrary to what it's guides say, I have never had an ink smear with it.

A good buy!