1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Lable Program

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by Syrnix, Sep 4, 2004.

1. Syrnix

Syrnix Member

What is a good program for putting custom lables on DVD.

Thanks for any suggestions

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi Syrnix, The general opinion is that stick on labels are not worth the trouble they cause when placed on dvd's. However, if you want to attempt it, I use Fellows Neato Media Face II and their labels. The starter pack comes with the program and some labels. If you start having playback problems after installing a label, quit using them and use a Sharpie marker.

Jerry

3. Syrnix

Syrnix Member

i have been using a sharpie marker, just thought there might be a good program out there.

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

The Fellows Program works great. You can scan a DVD or cover and import it to the label. Ot just make up a label with just text on it. I like it.
    Other alternative is a printer like the Epson R series that print directly on to printable blank media.

Jerry

5. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Hey there

IN regards to labeling DVD's The stomper labeling kit will work it's about $19.95 or so @ sam's club . It comes with the applicator gadget labels and software to print the labels . Avery also makes cd/dvd-media labels & they used to bundle a software disc with them sometime ago but not sure if they do currently. as for applicators avery used to recommend using a jewel case to hold the cd/dvd while applying the label ( not recommened) the stomper applicator is easy to use and works well. you can also apply avery labels usingb the stomper device. whosoever's label you purchase you must use their software to print it or you will waste labels been there done that . It's the same program but you use whichever one matches your label brand. You can also go to sights like Megasearch.com and download CD/dvd-label images this will be easy than scanning . as long as you center your labels when applying you should be okay & the Stomper applicator does this for you. I have found that for cd-you burn for use in your car the labels will bubble up a lttle if left in your car - especially in hot climates like louisiana. but they can usually be smoothed back down easily enough. I have also found it a bad Idea to use labeled CDR's in CD changers they can get stuck even unlabeled CDR's get stuck in CD changers in cars anyway. Ive seen it happen ! MY recommedation is for dvd's that you will play regularly in a vehicle I would go sharpie marker for home use & occasionally in a car label you heart out ! hope I have ben helpful there my friend. God bless- Do right & fear not -Bigtoxy69

Last edited: Sep 5, 2004
  6. dabig25

dabig25 Regular member

I use Meritline dvd labeling.

Is there a place I can goto to download dvd covers,

with the cd/dvd labels that came with this proram ??

7. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Here's where I get my covers and labels.

http://www.cdcovers.cc.

You will probably have to size them to fit the dvd. The box cover is full size.

Jerry

8. catfreak

catfreak Active member

You can also try ...

http://www.boosplaza.com/

you have to register to use the site ... but it's free ... and they have lots and lots of good stuff there ...

9. dabig25

dabig25 Regular member

for me to use cdcover.cc do i need any software??

Do i need paper that has the stickers centered, because I currently have off matte( one in the top left corner and one on the bottom right corner)

I also have an HP 7750 photosmart printer if that helps.......

10. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

You don't need any special program to download from cdcovers.com. Just find your cover, right click and then save as----- to your HD. Then import the picture into a label or photo program to size and print.

Jerry

11. dabig25

dabig25 Regular member

but do the sticker labels that I have have to be centered?? as on this link??

Chttp://www.cdcovers.cc/faq/index.php?aktion=artikel&rubrik=002004&id=121&lang=enentered like on this link

12. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Here's something that will help. Its a free printing program for the outside cover and the round label. It gives 2 choices for the round. 2 labels centered on top, or 2 labels offset with the top to the left and bottom to the right. It also lets you go into the config settings to adjust them. I think it will only print the top round one but then you flip the page over to print again.

http://www.coverxp.com
    Give it a try, its free.

Jerry
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][/small]

Last edited: Sep 9, 2004
  13. onestop

onestop Regular member

Yo, the Stomper Labeling Kit is using the limited version and the full version is SureThing CD Labeler Deluxe 4 which has almost all the template for different label brands in the market.

14. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Yo' there back at you onestop- where pray tell does one get the full version then and what does it cost if not freeware? peace bigtoxy69

Last edited: Sep 11, 2004
  15. onestop

onestop Regular member

Hey pal, our friend is looking for a good DVD label program and probably $$ might not be an issue at all. Off course freeware is good for trying out before buying the full version as you know the limited version is only able to use Stomper Label templates and very limited choice especially for Full cover DVD Labels.

I guess you are right that I should be more sensitive before getting too eager to recommend something which most people have to pay for it when I normally download them.

16. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

only was asking about the program where you could use anybrand of labels. did'nt mean to insult sorry if it appeared that way -peace bigtoxy69.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2004
  17. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Hey onestop found the price 23.00-26.00 dollars may eventually get version 4 when I run out of stomper labels thanks for the info. bye -bigtoxy69

Last edited: Sep 11, 2004
  18. catfreak

catfreak Active member

You can try UnderCoverXP. It is a freeware program written to easily print CD covers. It supports JPEG, GIF, PNG and BMP formats and can automatically scale front covers, back covers, front + inside, inlays, DVD boxes, Playstation covers and CoolBela LD001 labels to the correct sizes. Other label types can be added via a configuration file. The program is easy to use and uses a visual display to show the selected images as they appear on your cover. You can down load this freeware program here:
    http://www.snapfiles.com/download/dlundercoverxp.html

19. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

thanx catfreak will keep that in mind- bigtoxy69

20. dabig25

dabig25 Regular member

Thankx for looking out guys.........

I'm using cdcover.cc & coverxp they work great on centered and offset label stickers.

Thanks Again
    dabig25