1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd lables

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by crystal44, Feb 2, 2005.

1. crystal44

crystal44 Guest

could somebody please tell me where i can get dvd labels that i can just print off... please help...

2. sunup

sunup Regular member

I seen some at Best Buy. You want the label that covers the entire DVD. If not you will have problems with the DVD being unbalanced.

3. dumbfuker

dumbfuker Member

crystal,

Before you start using DVD labels, it might be a good idea to check out this thread:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/130837

The general consensus is that it's a bad idea. This is consistent with my own experience.

Regards,

DF

4. bklyn1028

bklyn1028 Regular member

crystal....trust me...i didn't listen when i first read about not labeling dvd's.....3 of my dvd's won't work now....and when you pull the label off, the dvd works fine...and taking it off is a pain in the ass...do your self a favor...get the epson printer...r200 or r 300....( i like the r 320..cuz it has a convenient card reader built in)...and the printable inkjet dvd's are as cheap as the regular ones

5. RedAnt

RedAnt Regular member

Printed Labels are a F**king Nightmare. You are better off using a sharpie or try as bklyn1028 suggested using Printable DVD (they look better than the Sharpie but will be more expensive).

I had nothing but grief with printed labels.

6. bklyn1028

bklyn1028 Regular member

actually red....they discs are about the same $$ as the non printable ones...the only thing is the ink...but abcink.com has good prices...the the look is very nice...very professional

7. RedAnt

RedAnt Regular member

bklyn1028 thanks for the info I look into it.
    where in Brooklyn are you,Me I'am in Bay Ridge

8. wberm0151

wberm0151 Guest

over 300 burns. cd labels on all, have not have any issues. http://www.cdcovers.cc is good source for downloading all the labels you need.

you can get the supplies from
    bestbuy or waltmart

9. andmerr

andmerr Guest

@ crystal44: please read the forum rules ,multiposting the same question to different forums is prohibited .,The link below is for this question which you posted to " all other topics" as well as to "DVD -R for advanced users"

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/155036

10. know1190

know1190 Guest

Hi
    had problems with labels jamming discs so I just got the Epson R200 printer at £49.99 off PC World web site and never been so impressed.Ink is lasting very well and results look like the real thing.Less than £15 for full set of refills so if you can make the initial outlay go this way as the system couldnt be easier

11. bklyn1028

bklyn1028 Regular member

hey red....i was born and bred in bklyn...red hook then flatbush...moved to florida in 86, but i miss the city you have no idea
    my cousin has a house in 86 st off of colonial and shore

12. bklyn1028

bklyn1028 Regular member

hey berm...i felt the same as you....no probs with labels, until the first time it happened.....it sucks..specially when your at the end of the movie