1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd loader help needed

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by pro`noob, Apr 12, 2005.

1. pro`noob

pro`noob Regular member

can anybody give me a link to a dvdloader tutorial, i can get it to boot but dont have a clue how to use the thing.

i have been told it can be used to do a toc refresh on my slim ps2 which has all the lid sensors glued down to fool the ps2 into thinking it is always closed.

also what else is dvdloader suposed to be used for?

And finally what is the cogswap loader for?

i havent burned it to disc yet incase i dont need it (cogswap)

thx

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

To refresh the toc with any program (including dvd loader), the ps2 MUST know you opened it.

3. pro`noob

pro`noob Regular member

so im f**ed for toc refreshes then? :(

and can somebody tell me then what is the dvd loader for? and why does the disc spin down when you press triangle? i presumed this was so you could toc refresh, also if i stop the disc spining and swap games and press x it will spin back up again and recogise the dics as a ps2 dvd if i insert an original.

thx :)

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

actually, that might work. When you have to swap for an original, hit triangle. On the fat ps2's hitting triangle caused the tray to eject. Dvd loader is used to load games listed at http://www.swapmagicfix.com
    if you have swap magic 3.3 or 3.6, dvd loader is built into it.