1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dvd loader help

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by flyersman, Feb 24, 2005.

1. flyersman

flyersman Regular member

I have version 4 ps2.I downloaded dvd loader.i extracted the iso and did dvd decrypter mode iso write and burned at the slowest speed. I twas burnt on to Ritek Ridata go4's 4X media. Other games worked great wit that media. I put in swap magicg dvd version when it says insert disc I opened my fliptop put in dvd loader and i got the red border. My burner is a sony dwd burner. When i downloaded dvd loader it says version 7. does that have anything to do with it. Please help

2. flyersman

flyersman Regular member

any help

3. steimy

steimy Active member

Not sure, it works fine with my V7 PS2. Have you tried CD Loader? It's the same program but you burn it to a CD instead of a DVD. I tried CD Loader and when i tried to use it it would tell me it was not a valid PS2 disc, so i burned DVD Loader on a DVD and it worked fine. I may even still have the zip file or ISO i used at home on my system.

P.S. you wouldn't happen to be from Philly by chance?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 25, 2005
  4. flyersman

flyersman Regular member

Yea im from philly

I did try CD loader and i could get my swap mgaic cd disc to only load once and the one time it loaded it didnt work. ill try again though... is there any way to boot a cd disc with the dvd disc

5. steimy

steimy Active member

not that i know of. I think you have to use the CD Disc for the CD based games and the DVD disc for DVD based games. I don't even think i have ever used the CD disc? All of my games for PS2 are DVD based.
    Also try to get DVD Loader, i couldn't get CD Loader to work either. DVD Loader you burn to a DVD rather than a CD. I would find the link on these posts for you but can't get the search funtion to work. It's free so it's worth a try. Make sure you get DVD Loader V7