1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Loader/Tray not working after wiikey install

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by BigBadM, May 30, 2007.

1. BigBadM

BigBadM Guest

So i finished the wiikey wired install without a game inside the wii, close it all up and it boots up just fine, i try to put in wiisports, and it wont go into the DVD loader.

You know how you just insert like 1/10th of the dvd into the slot and it will suck it inside? well i do the same thing as usual, but it doesn't roll it in, i can force part of it in there and i can feel the rollers or whatever but it wont go in all the way and put a couple scratches on the DVD.

any thoughts on how i can fix it?

so far i have loosened the 2 screws that look like the have big washers on em that are on the bottom side of the dvd drive

my theory is that perhaps the wiikey is too bulky with the wires (relatively short) or that the red and black wires at behind the front panel might have something to do with it.

any help would be great

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Tape down the wires with electrical tape and try placing the Wiikey in the open slot on the right top side of the motherboard. It should fit in the open space there.

Also make sure you have hooked up the DVD drive cover connector making sure it is connected securely to the slot it connects into.

3. BigBadM

BigBadM Guest

The wires are taped down with electrical tape, and is the DVD drive cover connector that tricky one that looks like a mini ribbon cable?

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

You have 2 connectors on the DVD Drive board and 1 on the DVD Face Plate...

DVD Face Plate
    [​IMG]

DVD Drive Board
    [​IMG]

Try placing the Wiikey in the spot showing below. This will keep the Wiikey from being compacted between the outer Wii case and the DVD Drive...

[​IMG]

5. BigBadM

BigBadM Guest

Wow, im glad you made such an effort to help me with the pics and all, turns out the culprit was that ribbon cable in the second pic.

Thanks a bunch, take care.