1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Loader

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Fruhmann, Jan 11, 2005.

1. Fruhmann

Fruhmann Regular member

ok...i got DVDLoaderx7All. i click on it and a it opens up in recordnow max 7. i don't know if thats what it should do. i'm looking to put the fix from swapmagicfix.com on a dvd to play hitman contracts. help please

2. chrisosx

chrisosx Regular member

..sigh.. many people have this problem. just burn the cue/bin files onto a DVD/CD and then boot it up with SMD and then follow the instructions.. and when it says ea method.. just use the swapping method you do usually and then it will boot up.

3. Fruhmann

Fruhmann Regular member

i have the hitman file, BIN and CUE, but it wouldn't load onto a dvd, using alcohol 120. so i downloaded dvdloader7. when i click on the icon for it it opens up in a burning program as a file to be burnt to a disc. i thought the dvd loader was a program to get the Fix files onto the dvd.

4. chrisosx

chrisosx Regular member

well apparently not.. thats just how they say it.. its an image file burnt onto a cd/dvd.. read the instructions at a post that i named [bold]What is a fix and how do I use it? Answers here![/bold] or something like that.

5. Fruhmann

Fruhmann Regular member

i'm pathetic...i'm searching and can't find it.

6. chrisosx

chrisosx Regular member

7. Fruhmann

Fruhmann Regular member

ok i did that, burning it onto the CDR but on another thread i read that since hitman is on a dvd that the loader must be a dvd disc also. i tried burning the CUE file to dvd and the prog wouldn't read. i don't see any instructions in the rar dvdloader file to follow

8. chrisosx

chrisosx Regular member

doesn't matter since i've done a game that was on dvd with a cd loader. don't burn the image itself onto the cd.. use alcohol or something to read the files in it and burn it onto the cd.. record max should do it too.. just don't put the files on there from the rar files.. the instructions are on the cdr when you put it in with swap magic.

9. Fruhmann

Fruhmann Regular member

i have swap magic 2.0
    i swap with the hitman contracts loader on cdr and i get the black border and it doesn't load up the loader

10. chrisosx

chrisosx Regular member

dude how are you doing it? burn the cdloader to a cd and then boot with the smd cd booter and then follow the instructions... the ea method is swapping.

11. Fruhmann

Fruhmann Regular member

i'm such a newb. i was trying to boot up with swap magic dvd...alright. i got past swap to the Fix. i change disc and press X. it says there is an error. i burned the game onto memorex DVD+R. i believe i burnt it with recordnow max. any hints? could the fix not be working? or if its loading on the screen its working? the background galaxy image turns red when i hit X

12. chrisosx

chrisosx Regular member

once you load in the cd loader then put in back your swap magic and then click x and then swap using you swap method when it says ea method and then press x and the it should bot.

13. Fruhmann

Fruhmann Regular member

from reading that i gather this. the disc order is:
    1. turn on system with swap magic disc
    2. swap for Fix cdloader
    3. swap for swap magic (2nd time its in system)
    4. then swap for back up of PS2 game

that right?

14. chrisosx

chrisosx Regular member

yep thats right.. the 3rd step is using the eject button.. try that to see if it works.. if not then just use swapping method but im 70% sure you use the eject button.. i'll use it myself once i get home from school.

15. Fruhmann

Fruhmann Regular member

i'm not hot on using the eject button. thas how my last ps2 broke. the drive tray wouldn't go back in all the way. why can't i just swap with the lid like everything else?

16. chrisosx

chrisosx Regular member

for the DVD Loader... its how you do it... and im sure people do it.

17. Fruhmann

Fruhmann Regular member

two things. i thought having flip top was so i don't use the eject button. whats the significance of ejecting?

about that dvdloader. what am i doing with it. i have the program and it auto starts in a burning program. do i just burn this to a dvd and use it?

18. chrisosx

chrisosx Regular member

yes... you have to eject it or it will damage the lens and ps2... Thats wat all the instructions say to do, eject the dvdloader and put in your swapmagic dvd and then hit x and then when it says ea method.. use your swap method.

19. miliardo

miliardo Member

heyo, can i get some help finding dvdloader? thx in advance, also, try: cd SM, cd loader, game with a high TOC (devil may cry is good, any other real game thats huge) then dvd SM and finally your game. or simply dvd SM, dvd loader, game, im a n00b at this, so if that doenst happen to help, my bad

20. chrisosx

chrisosx Regular member