1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD loading issues.

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by gimlianon, Feb 25, 2007.

1. gimlianon

gimlianon Member

I have looked through the stickied stuff, and nothing seems to help. My problem is that some of my DVDs can't seem to load, while some others can. There is a noticeable difference between the DVDs that boot and the ones that don't. The DVDs that boot seem to have data from the outer edge of the disk inwards, then blank disk space to the center. They are Disgaea and Disgaea 2. The DVDs that don't boot, or don't boot as quickly, have unburned space at the outer edge, then burned data, then more blank space to the center. These are Okami (which worked occasionally), Katamari Damacy (which worked once), Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne, Devil Summoner, and DDS 1 and 2, Kingdom Hearts 2, and Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires. I was wondering if this was the problem, and if so, how can I remedy this problem.

By the way, I'm using Verbatim DVD-R's and cogswaploader/swap magic to boot. I have a v. 9 PS2 and a good DVD burner.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2007
  2. gimlianon

gimlianon Member

Sorry for the double post, but I would really like this question answered if possible

3. gimlianon

gimlianon Member

bump...

4. dazila

dazila Regular member

Patience...What you have discs that are burnt out to inside you cannot possibly unless you are mistaking your Ps2 iwth a Nintendo Wii or Gamecube??,DVD's are always burnt Inside to outer edge unless special Technique is used so all your discs are burnt Inside to outside not a Different way.
    Burn them with DVD decryptor @ 4x not any faster.
    What burner do you exactly have I will research and tell you the best media??

5. gimlianon

gimlianon Member

Sorry, I was unclear, when I see the disk, it looks like there is a small, dark ring around the hole in the middle, which I don't think is part of the burnable portion of the disk, then there is a section of lighter, burned area, then after that, there is darker, unburned area. This is all going from the middle outwards.

I used Verbatim DVD-R 16X media burnt at 12X speed I believe with DVD Decryptor. The two Disgaea games, which were burnt the exact same way as every other disk, work perfectly, and load withing 10 seconds or less. All the other games either don't boot at all, or take up to 4-5 minutes to boot (only the case with Okami, Katamari Damacy, and Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires).

The DVD burner model is SONY DVD+-RW AW-Q160S KDS1, according to DVD Decryptor.