1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Maestro and ChapterXtractor

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by pipster, Oct 2, 2002.

1. pipster

pipster Guest

Does anyone use ChapterXtractor to get the original chapter breaks from a film when re-authoring it using DVD Maestro .
    I keep getting the problem where maestro says OK 8 chapters or so imported and when I look at the list in Xtractor theres at least 25 . Not only that but I look in Maestro and its got them in the wrong place anyway .
    ChapterXtractor is so easy to use and you can see the list in its display window I dont see how it can be wrong , its easy to set the output to Maestro format and save it as chapters.chp . When its done you can check the saved file with notepad and it looks just like any other working file from Xtractor but it imports wrong .
    When the chapters import wrong I've tried remaking the list again and importing again but this never works.
    The chapter list is so simple , its just a list of times of chapter breaks with a spruce identifier at the top , its easy to read the list and put the breaks in by hand but if you have 45 breaks its a real pain .
    I would just love to know why this keeps happening cos at the moment its about 50% of all films cause me this problem and its not local to 1 machine , the problem happens on my second too .

2. thebach

thebach Guest

I've noticed this too, but not all the time and only on DVD's where I use Smartripper in stream processing mode and use the original m2v file. If I need to encode the original m2v file with CCE then use pulldown the chapters always import perfectly, so it must have something to do with the original untouched m2v file.

3. pipster

pipster Guest

Yeah its after Smartripper in stream processing mode for me too but sometimes after I've encoded with Tmpgenc also . I haven't tried cce yet , it looked a bit tough to use , I'll have to print the guides from doom9 and give it a shot .

4. Doclee

Doclee Guest

I'm now at this, and I would like to know it anyone can tell me how to get DVD Maestro and ChapterXtractor. Thank You.

5. pipster

pipster Guest

ChapterXtractor is a free download I think , do a google search or look on doom9 but I dont think DVD Maestro is made anymore and it was expensive