1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd making noise etc

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by marcus370, Aug 12, 2007.

1. marcus370

marcus370 Member

For some reason after I installed a fliptop my ps2 makes strange noises when reading the swap magic or dvd+rs I have. I bought the TDK brand disk because they were under first class but they are cmc media Id does this mean they aren't first class anymore? My ps2 makes a little noise like some rubbing inside with the swap magic disk but makes even more noise with the tdk disk and will also not eject when I press the eject button till after about the 3rd time. The rubbing sounds only happen in the beginning when I'm first loading the disk or if the eject button is pressed once it starts up the sound usually goes away. Does this happen with the dvds because they are CMC media or will it happen with all dvds?

Last edited: Aug 12, 2007
  2. immortal5

immortal5 Regular member

Your fliptop is probably just screwed on too tight. Try to loosen it a bit and see if that solves your problem. You can test this by just leaving the flip top open and just place the little white disc on top of the dvd and see if it still makes that noise. But do get rid of those TDK disc if they are coding as CMC MAG cause that type of media is just very bad for your laser and could also be the cause of your problem.