1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD media for NEC ND1300

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by Lena03, Jun 2, 2003.

1. Lena03

Lena03 Guest

I need help to find dvd-r media to burn in my NEC ND1300 burner. I tried some cheap ones but they doesnt work. Give me some hints about this problem/Lena

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Buy Verbatim or Ritek G04's

3. Lena03

Lena03 Guest

Thanks, I will buy it and hopefully it works./Lena

4. kbuegel

kbuegel Member

I have an NEC-1100A writer, and have used Fuji, Verbatim, and Memorex DVD+R and +RW media, and every one has worked fine. Never had a bad write, and always write at 2.4x.

I have never tried the generic media, so don't know if that has trouble with NEC burners. BUT, I did notice that on RITEK's web site, it says their DVD+R disks were only rated for 1x video write, or 2.4x data only write. So, as a rule of thumb for video, you might try using 1x with the generic media, and 2.4x with branded media.

5. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Since the ND1300 has both +/- abilities, you are spoilt for choices. However, Verbatim and Ritek G04's are the only real media to go for. Datawrite are bringing out Yellow 4x DVD-R with Princo dye - supposed to be good.

6. Lena03

Lena03 Guest

Thanks for your advises! I bought some Verbatim discs and the works fine with the DVD X Copy xpress. Now i'm going to try to get some Riteks too. I havent found a store near me in sweden that sell this brand yet. Otherwise i would be grateful if you know a netstore that sells it.
    Anyway, have a nice weekend / Lena

7. kbuegel

kbuegel Member

Try www.dvd-supply.com

Or, just search the web for "DVD media Sweden".

8. deago

deago Member

Lena03;
    Can I bring 50 or so over to you????