1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd media help please

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by BIGJJ, Nov 30, 2004.

1. BIGJJ

BIGJJ Member

Hello,
    I just had a quick question.I have a dynex 8x dvd writer.I have burned around 100 dics with really no problem ..i used sony dics from best buy and fughi from walmart all burned and played ok in all my dvd players and even my playstation.
    My question is i am out of dvd media and was thinking of getting some Ritek go5 8x dics ,will those be ok in my writer and on all my dvd players ?? Considering all the other ones worked ok (sony,fughi )I don't think i have used a 8x in my writer or my dvd players yet.Also i can't find anything on the dynex needing to be flashed..help
    thanks ,
    jj

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Branded Ritek such as RiDATA is the only way to go because you're assured of getting Grade A media. Some of the unbranded Riteks have been of poor quality despite being sold as Grade A.

You can give 8X a whirl but the chances for errors goes up and compatibility may go down when you increase the write speed so don't be too disappointed if 8X doesn't work out :)

3. BIGJJ

BIGJJ Member

Thanks for the help,do you think i should just stick with 4x the time to burn is really not as big of an issue as quality,and shelf life.I think i will go with Ritek what do you think it the best for me with that dynex 8x writer i have.Which ones do you use?Best quality and picture ,shelp life etc.
    Ohh i checked at home and i guess the fuji media i had was 8x and i guess there was no problem ..but i still dont' want any future problems so if i should use 4x or whatever you think would be the best i will .
    I usually burn in deep analyze mode and the smooth setting in decryptor anyway.
    thanks for everything,
    JJ

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

If time isn't an issue but quality is then I'd definitely recommend staying at 4X. I wasn't particularly impressed with the compatibility of the RiDATA +R that I burned at 8X in my Plextor PX-708A.

I'm not familiar with Dynex burners so I can't really give you any definites as to the best media for that drive but I can tell you that a good place to start is with RiDATA branded Riteks, Taiyo Yuden, Maxell, or Verbatim Metal AZO which are top quality media.