1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Media Question

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by kintika, Oct 16, 2004.

1. kintika

kintika Member

I have a Ver. 4 (gap bios) PS2 with a chipmod chip installed. PS2 backups on cdr run fine, but ps2 backups on DVD-R media run VERY slow (Spiderman 2 pauses in mid-swing every few minutes). Both are burned on the same drive using the same burnspeed. Could this be a media problem? A burnspeed problem? What media does everyone use and how does it work for you? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated thanks!

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

the problem you state is usualy caused by the ps2 struggling to read the disc, this can be caused by poor quality media, high burn speeds or a dirty laser, what media are you using and at what speed did you burn them? personaly i use ritek g04 dvd-r discs burnt at 2x they work well in my v7 ps2

3. iEvermore

iEvermore Member

when I tried to slow down my burn speed w/ dvd decryt, it automaticall went back to 4x when i started the burn. is it my burner or because i bought a 4x disk?

4. kintika

kintika Member

I just use Imation dvd's which i bought in a spindle of 25 for about $50 cdn, so they are pretty cheap. As for burn speeds, i use 4x on my TDK 440N drive, latest firmware ver. I read somewhere on the net (sorry if I forget the source) that it is best to always burn at your drives fastest speed because this is the speed at which they were built to burn with optimal results. Is this different for PS2 backups?

I recently had a 200 CD binder stolen from me with every cd and dvd I own in it (including about 10 original PS2 games) so I'm paranoid to the point where EVERYTHING I buy must be backed up and the originals instantly locked away in a safe place, I really hope that changing my media and burn speed will result in perfect working copies. Thanks for the advice, i'll try that today

5. hiredgoon

hiredgoon Regular member

ok well dvd's are now cheaper then that...

so go buy some memorex 50 pack for $42 see if they work, if not its the ps2 lazer or you are not burning the games properly