1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD media which is best??

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by highroyds, Dec 19, 2002.

1. highroyds

highroyds Guest

Hi to all,

I'm looking into buying a DVD recorder but as this is different to buying a cd writer I'd like to know everones views on which is the best way to go.

Either DVD-R/RW or DVD+R/RW??
    plus which DVD recorder to go with??

Why couldnt it be simple like it was with the cd recorders in just one format I will never know I suppose lol.

But everyones views will be grateful.

Cheers

Merry Xmas Hap' New Year

Highroyds

2. geppo

geppo Member

Hi there, I got HP DVD+R writer and it is great! About the home DVD player, I would suggest the Pioneer DV 350, he sounds everything, DVD-R, DVD+R, MP3, SVCD and XSVCD

See you

Geppo

3. ld324

ld324 Guest

The Pioneer a04 and new drive ao5 are very popular drives that use the dvd-r/rw standard. There is a nice new Sony drive out that will record both the + and - formats. Since the + format came out with there +R rather than just the +rw formats, I don't really know if there is any advantage to either one format or the other. I think if you do a little research on these forums, there has probably been alot more testing and compatibility succes with the -r format. Thats what is nice about the new Sony, doesn't really matter, just buy whichever media is on sale!