1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd media

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by yas78687, Apr 9, 2005.

1. yas78687

yas78687 Member

hi, i backed up a dvd game onto ritek g04 by ridisc 4x dvd discs, and neither the pc can open the disc once burnt or the ps2 doesnt play it even though it has a mod in it... my mate says sumvision discs would work well but im not sure what to do... would it be the discs? ritek g04 is usually classed as really good but i dont know what to do...

2. R1chie

R1chie Member

i think it may be sumthin you have done wrong

coz ridisc g04's

r 1 of the best discs

3. yas78687

yas78687 Member

dunno, i use dvd decry pter and even thp i set the write speed at 1x, it does it at 4x!!!?... how can i change the settings and what settings should i use for dvd decrypter for ps2 backups?

4. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

make sure your firmware is updated.
    I use verbatim and fujifilm at 2x.
    i havent had any problems.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2005
  5. XNikoX

XNikoX Guest

Yea you have to have the lasted firmware. Your media support 4x so that mean that is the lowest speed it will write at..

6. yas78687

yas78687 Member

firmware? whats that?

7. yas78687

yas78687 Member

i borowed a backup made on sumvision from a mate and that works... but dunno if its something ive set up in the decrypter... also, once burnt, the pc dvd drives cant open the disc... dunno, maybe the dvd batch are faulty, what do u think? cos they seem fine b4 i burn since dvd decrypter seems to read it and recognise all about it fine... :'( can some1 please help...

8. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

Sort of a "operating system of the hardware", an embedded instruction set built-in or flashed into a hardware equipment, such as a router, CDR drive, DVD-ROM drive, washing machine, etc.

9. yas78687

yas78687 Member

i have a Sony DW D22A DVD±RW Writer which i got with this new pc i just bought, once looking up the reviews, they werent too pleasing to admit, saying things like its a poor compatability and so on... i think that the dvd RW drive is the cause of the back up discs not working, since it may not be compatable with the ritek g04 discs, so also causing the pc from not being able to run the discs afterward due to poor writing by the drive (if thats possible - since im a total noobie, lol)... what do you think?...

10. Stunt2061

Stunt2061 Regular member

what game are u trying to burN?

11. yas78687

yas78687 Member

a ps2 backup, i just got a firmware and disabled my region... will that help? i dunno if my drive is rubbish which gets a varied review from good to bad, or the discs which say ridisc discs are the worst but ritek g04 dye are great... please help, since once the discs are burnt, the dvd drive or the ps2 (with a mod) cant play the disc...

12. yas78687

yas78687 Member

im trying to burn tekken 5... which is supposed to be a sweet and simple process...