1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd media

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by hildred, Jan 20, 2007.

1. hildred

hildred Guest

yes i have two dvd burner one is a sony dru-830a i try to burn8x memorex dvd+rw/and ridata 8x no burn from either one my other sony dru-820a burner do it all speed so why one and not the other

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Those are 2 entirely different drives and different firmware. That DRU-820A is a rebadged benq and the current firmware[latest update] is 1.0C. It's either a rebadged Benq 1620 or 1640-but either way,it's totally different from that ligitimate Benq that it was rebadged for. Those rebadged sony drives are very good.

Sony outsources some of the models. A lot of them are rebadged Lite-ons: Dru 700/710/800

Then sony has their ligitimate drives which seems to be what your 830 drive is?

Latest firmware update for that is SS23. Check your current firmware version to see if it matches SS22 or SS23. Most likely a firmware update is in order for that 830 to burn those memorex rw discs.

You can use dvd decrypter,dvdidentifier,nero infotool,or dvdinfopro to find that firmware version. Here's dvdidentifier,which is free:

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd-r_tools/dvd_identifier.cfm

Post back the current firmware versions for both your sony drives.

3. hildred

hildred Guest

i did update my sony 830a it no good it dd not work at all it do burn 4x/6x/16x/dvd + rd dl but not 8x at all why

4. Ripper

Ripper Active member

You still haven't done as requested and psetd back your firmware version for both drives. No point trying to get help if you wont follow advice when given...

5. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Ripper- Perhaps he misunderstood what Saugmon & you said is all ?