1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD menu on DVD-R (nero)

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by andyjl, Mar 19, 2005.

1. andyjl

andyjl Member

Hi,
    I am new to the forum
    I have some video files that I wish to burn onto a DVD-R, and I have a dvd player that plays burned dvds and avi files as well. The thing is that I would like to have like a menu set up in the beginning so I could pick and choose which video I can watch. I know that I can burn using the iso option on Nero. But is there a way on Nero v6.6 or another good burning program that allows for a menu?

Thanks

2. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

3. andyjl

andyjl Member

hi
    i read over the pinned threads, and it didn't help. i can't seem to find any similar topics. I have nero 6.6 with recode 2, but i need the dvd plug-in. Is there a site where i could get it from, or is there another good alternative prog that i could use, could u recommend one i could use?

Thanks

4. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

the plugin comes with any dvd player program (powerdvd etc) instal one of those to get it

The stickies are important threads, not the only threads
    try a search

5. andyjl

andyjl Member

i have powerdvd installed already, the plug ins i am talking about is the mpeg2 dvd encoder for Nero 6.6

6. Raiderboi

Raiderboi Member

I had the same problem, the dvd encoder comes in the new update.

7. andyjl

andyjl Member

i had nero 6.3 and i just updated to nero 6.6 and it does not come with the update

8. arniebear

arniebear Active member

I believe only the retail version comes with this plugin, you have the option to contact Nero Support, otherwise it available for purchase

http://ww2.nero.com/us/Plug_Ins.html

What is with these adverts?

Last edited: Mar 20, 2005
  9. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

hursty reported it to flip, these bloody ad's are everywhere, ive had loads of mail alerts due to the adverts, most of them happened to me at virtually the same time

10. andyjl

andyjl Member

is there another plug-in prog that i can install to get nero recode to work? i checked out tmpgenc and have no idea how to use it. What about that powerDVD someone mentioned earlier? I have that installed and it doens't seem to do anything?

11. sadsac

sadsac Guest

I've been told to use Nero Vision Express to make menus. I haven't shelled out the $ for it yet.

If you visit www.videohelp.com, there's a free proggy called dvdauthor that may help you. I have yet to download it, but it was referred to me by a mod a few weeks ago. You can also download a graphical interface for it there. I think that's called GUI for dvdauthor.