1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Menu's help!!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by XxXed, Aug 28, 2004.

1. XxXed

XxXed Guest

Hi Im new to the forum and all the dvd ripping software and stuff but i need help.I ripped 2 movies on my harddrive using dvd decrypter. both of the movies sizes are around 2GB each and it will definitly fit own 1 dvd. What i want to know is how do i put a menu on so that i can choose which movie i want to watch?

i dont know if this is a newb question or not but im a no_Ob

thx

2. squizluke

squizluke Regular member

I remember seeing a few weeks ago that somebody did this with dvd shrink. I sugest serching the dvd shrink forum. I'm not quite sure if they were able to make a menu but i do know it is posable to them on the same disc.

3. john179

john179 Active member

If you Nero you can use the multiple dvd option.If not have a look at tmpgenc or another dvd authoring software.I use ulead dvd movie maker for this sort of thing.

4. bigorange

bigorange Active member

NeroVision Express(NVE) will let you add as many individual files as you want as long as they don't exceed 4.7g. You can create chapters and a fully functional menu enabling you to go to any title you want.

It has a cool import feature which lets you add backgrounds, photos, video clips, etc. for your menu.

Hint(what I like to do is visit movie sites and get a lot of this stuff from there for the particular movies I am adding.)

NVE comes in the Nero Ultra 6 suite, a complete audio and video package which you can use for each and every month for free til you buy. It must be reloaded each month. you can even design covers for a case for your videos.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] [bold]GO VOLS![/bold]..Dell Media4600, XP,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz,512MB,280HDw/8MB,17" flat panel,AIO-A920,8xDVD-ROM,integrated 5.1 audio, HPdc4000,PlextorPX-708UF,LiteOn SO[/small]

Last edited: Aug 28, 2004
  5. XxXed

XxXed Guest

Thx alot guys.
    just 1 more thing. can any1 tell me where i can fins a guide on how to use nve

6. john179

john179 Active member

7. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Here is a quickie NeroVision Express (NVE) guide I wrote, hope it helps.

Open NVE

Choose make DVD > DVD Video

click on add files on the right.

From the window browse to your files and add them one at a time, wait in between for NVE to do it's thing and when the file is finished add the next and so on til done.

If you wish to create chapters, click on each file one at a time after they have all been converted, and hit "create chapters" starting with the 1st then hit next and you can set your chapters manually, (which I do it's faster) or you can let NVE do it for you auto. There is a preview window, just slide the slider, note time on right and stop it, hit the set chapter button.

Go back and repeat this step for each file til done.

Note, you can also edit your files in the same manner(one at a time) by hitting "edit movie" then going back and repeating for each file.

Note-this could take another guide in itself for editing, I'm just giving you the basics. Most movie files don't need editing, unless they have commercials, etc.

Now it's time to create a menu. hit next and here you set your layout,backgrounds,buttons, text, font, colors, etc.

A very neat feature here, you can import backgrounds, video clips, pictures, etc. to incorporate in your menu. There are 3 little cameras for this import feature. Just left click on each for it's specific function.

Each heading on the right in this section is self explanatory, click on each one down the line, follow the cues until done.

Once your window is setup on the left you can right click on your buttons and select properties, go in and type titles, fonts, etc.

Hint- I like to go to movie sites and get video clips, backgrounds, posters, and photos for my custom menu. You will need to play around here til you get the hang of it, the manuel is a great aid.

When finished, hit next and you will see a software remote control. Use this as you would one from your living room chair at home and play with your movie. Go to different chapters, FF, rev., pause, etc. If you wish to change something you can still go back, if all is to your liking then hit next.

Set your parameters for burning, ie.-your burner, your HD, record settings, it's in the box at the top right.

When all is ready hit burn, go away, leave the PC alone, NO MULTITASKING !

When you return play your masterpiece you created!

*note- this is not intended as a complete step by step guide, but is a blueprint of sorts designed to give you steps to follow. NVE is more complicated than a simple burn guide. Use the NVE manuel which can be found at the Nero Homepage. You can download it, print it, or do as I do which is put all the Nero Ultra 6 manuel links in a folder which I can go to at any time and review.

If you use this guide with the manuel you will be fine, it is one of the simpler programs of this type.

good luck....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] [bold]GO VOLS![/bold]..Dell Media4600, XP,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz,512MB,280HDw/8MB,17" flat panel,AIO-A920,8xDVD-ROM,integrated 5.1 audio, HPdc4000,PlextorPX-708UF,LiteOn SO[/small]

Last edited: Aug 29, 2004