1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Mode, PS1 Mode????

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Paolo75, Mar 23, 2003.

1. Paolo75

Paolo75 Member

I have read loads of post with peeps asking why original dvds wont work or ps1 originals wont work. The reply always seems to be "oh youve gotta put your ps2 in dvd mode, or ps1 mode" what is this, and how do you do it?

2. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

On a Magic 3.1 chip you can do this by holding the power/reset button down until the blue eject light appears. This will instruct the mod chip not to broadcast the PS2 boot code allowing PS1 games and DVD movies to run properly as how they do not need the PS2 boot code in order to run.

3. Paolo75

Paolo75 Member

ive got a messiah 2, and i have a dvd lens cleaner, which it wont read, any suggestions?

4. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

The Messiah 2 disables much the same way. Hold the power/reset button down for an additional 5 seconds after the blue eject light appears. Will you unit read anything or is it just a problem with backups, originals, DVD's, CD's, etc.?

5. Paolo75

Paolo75 Member

no, its ace with backups of both cdr and dvdr and original ps2 games, it wont read dvdr films though. as i said it wont read this dvd lens cleaner and i havent tried an original film.

6. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

I've never heard of that problem. Seem to me that if DVD game backups are working properly then you're burning them properly and DVD movies burned using the same technique should work as well.

7. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Are your burned DVD movies playable in the same region as your PS2? I don't believe the Messiah 2 allows you to play multi-region.