1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Movie Backup Quality Question.

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Vendain, Sep 2, 2003.

1. Vendain

Vendain Guest

Okay, so I've backed up a few movies lately. I'm using DVDShrink, coupled with Nero Ultra 6.0 and burning onto FUJIFILM DVD-R Media.
    I've taken out all of the extras, and am only recording the actual video, which results in a film with no compression. I've noticed that the backup is ever so slightly fuzzy... not enough to effect my viewing pleasure, but enough that my perfectionist brain sees it. Is this a result of the FUJIFILM disc quality?

I plan on purchasing a spindle of 100 Ritek discs in a few weeks, and am wondering if the quality will make a difference.

Thanks in advance.

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

I really doubt its the media. More likely to be the encoding, though i have never had that problem with DVD Shrink. could it be Nero 6?

3. Vendain

Vendain Guest

Now that I've watched my backup of Supertroopers, I think that my mind may have been creating imperfections where none existed. Fujifilm is pretty nice I think.

4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Yeah, that would make sense, because the media is very good as are the software programs used.

5. Vendain

Vendain Guest

Thanks Oriph, you rock :)

6. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Cheers, so do you ;-)

7. tomreid

tomreid Member

Having tried Xpress, I switched to DVD Shrink. My best results (perfection) are also with Fuji media, Pinnacle Instant. I also tried Nero; it was very good also. I bought a bundle of media from Office Max ($1 per disk)(Khypermedia). They record OK but sometimes your DVD simply won't play them. My RISKY BUSINESS won't play if I put a title label on it! Buy decent media with Shrink...

8. RiPsTeR01

RiPsTeR01 Guest

i stick by fuji they are awesome

9. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Im a bigger fan of Ritek than Fuji!. Fuji i find can be a bit of a pain with older drives.