1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Movie Backups on Slim PS2

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by derrick_c, Jan 31, 2005.

1. derrick_c

derrick_c Member

Hey, I'm completely new at this stuff and I figured I might as well get information about it before I try anything. I have the newer model PS2 (Slim one). I don't care about games, right now I just want to know what I have to do to play burnt DVDs. What brand DVDs should I buy? -R? +R? -RW? Does it matter if the DVD has a lot of special features (I heard they don't all fit on normal DVDs). I tried my brother's DVD (Memorex DVD-R) and it wouldn't read. Can anyone help me? Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 31, 2005
  2. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

Probably want to go with -r's. You don't have to physically do any mods to your system for them to read movie backups.

Most dvd's out now are anywhere around 5-8gb. So, none will completely fit on a dvd, unless you use some compression. Dvd decrypter with Dvd Shrink works well for doing this. Also, Dvd X Copy is a good program for burning movies, with this you can simply choose just the movie itself to burn on the dvdr so it doesnt need to compress the movie itself that much.

I know memorex sucks for ps2 backups, not sure about movie backups.