1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Movie burning problems - multiple apps

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by jiandrews, Jan 31, 2004.

1. jiandrews

jiandrews Member

I have been able to burn DVD's fine using Nero for the last 5 months until this week. I normally use DVDshrink to compress a movie, then use Nero 6.0 to burn the files into the videoTS folder. I bought another spindle of Datawrite Yellow DVD-R's as usual, but have wasted 10 so far this week. It gives me an "Unspecified Target Error" about 3/4 of the way through burning. I updated to the latest Nero same thing. I made an ISO with the Nero Image drive (ISO played fine in Power DVD) so I tried burning it with Alcohol 120%, same thing 3/4 of the way it died and said Write failed at sector blah, blah. I read some forums and got a copy of RecordNow 4.5 tried that....same thing. The disks are fine, because I can burn Xbox games ok even using Nero to burn the ISO image!!! Any Ideas??? ASPI drivers?....anything?? All these programs work fine except when trying to burn a Movie. It's not a problem with Nero's ISO that I'm creating either, cos RecordNow wouldn't burn the Video_TS folder direct from DVDShrink either. It's not DVDShrink, cos it won't burn Video_TS folders pulled off already compressed and burned DVD's either.

2. beetleman

beetleman Member

1. Have you downloaded or installed any applications in the past two weeks.
    Or
    2. Have you uninstalled or removed any applications in the past two weeks.

If the answer is 1, you may have software conflict, virus, or a driver, dll, etc confict.

If the answer is 2, you may have removed a vital sharred resource, dll, driver, etc.

--> 1. Try uninstalling the new software.
    --> 2. uninstall and reinstall DVD drivers, Nero, DVDshrink.

If you haven't made any software changes, it may be a bad batch of DVD-R's. It is possible that they could work in some cases and not others.

Does this happen with all Ripped DVD's or just your current project, there may be a new encryption type that is preventing Nero from burning correctly.

One more thing, have you recently performed a windows update?

Let me know what's going on.

Hope this helps.
    beetleman

3. MysticE

MysticE Active member

It would appear that this is the problem if nothing else has changed (as was mentioned). I would try another disc/brand before beating myself up with various system/software changes that may be unnecessary.

4. jiandrews

jiandrews Member

Never found out what it was. It only happened on disks at about the 4GB mark. Anything under would burn OK, anything over would be a coaster. Bought a new 8x burner and new spindle of disks. If I have one spare I may try it in the old burner to see if it was disks or drive. Thanks for replies, this site is really helpful.

James