1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD MOVIE PROBLEMS BACKING UP!!!!

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by megs8888, Aug 31, 2004.

1. megs8888

megs8888 Member

Hi there thanks to the last person who helped me I havent had the program Jam my next problem is the movies im backing up are palying then they freeze and then play again and freeze in certain parts of the movie this causes the dvd palyer to skip a minute or so any ideas, im only using dvd + R smartdisks is that the problem? Also I have a dvd+r drive on my pc does that mean I have to back up with the same dvd's

2. michigan

michigan Guest

You have to use +R discs in your burner that is the format. As for your problem it sounds like classic bad media. Buy some Ritek G-04 "branded" (ie. Ridata) and it should take care of your problem.

3. megs8888

megs8888 Member

Thanks for that will give it a try.

4. johnnywad

johnnywad Member

Just wonderin', but where can you get Ritek discs? Everytime I go to Best Buy, they never have them.

5. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

6. berserk

berserk Member

megs,

I have the same problem as you. The burnt disc play perfectly on my computer but when I play them on my toshiba sd-200c dvd player there are pauses which I have to fast forward.

For me getting better media didn't help. I tried hypermedia, verbatim, ritek G04, and prodisc. They all had the same problem when I played them on the dvd player. In my case, I believe the problem is my dvd player, because the disc play perfectly on my computer.

Try playing ur burnt dvds on another dvd player or try to use a slower speed at burning.

Hi there thanks to the last person who helped me I havent had the program Jam my next problem is the movies im backing up are palying then they freeze and then play again and freeze in certain parts of the movie this causes the dvd palyer to skip a minute or so any ideas, im only using dvd + R smartdisks is that the problem? Also I have a dvd+r drive on my pc does that mean I have to back up with the same dvd's

7. chthomson

chthomson Regular member

Hi megs8888

For a media guide see http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm

I have used +R media since my first burner. I have continued success by using RICOHJPN01 media. This media code is available in the following brands - Maxell, Fuji, Arita , Memorex (be careful) to name a few.

I hope this helps

PS The Ritek G-04 is available in -R only

8. johnnywad

johnnywad Member

thanks sly.

9. michigan

michigan Guest

That is an outstanding price!!!!