1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD movie skips Cell 01

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by bagalore, Nov 15, 2004.

1. bagalore

bagalore Member

Can someone with more experience than me please help?

I backed up Ali G's "Indahouse" with DVD Decrypter and IFOedit - I made a disk that has the main movie only, and starts as soon as it's loaded. It runs great except for one problem - the first cell is skipped. I can rewind and watch the first cell, no problem. If I go into IFOedit, the skipped cell (Cell 1) has no chapter info in front of it:
    (blank) [Pg 01] [Cell 01] [V/C Id: 1/1]
    [Ch 01] [Pg 02] [Cell 02] [V/C Id: 1/2]
    and so on...

Can somebody tell me how to set the start point to cell 1, or give me some other workaround?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanx!

bagalore

2. bagalore

bagalore Member

Some more info:

The disks (I made two) seem to work fine on my PC with WinDVD. But when I use my home player, they start playing on Cell 2, with the DVD player saying it's on chapter 2. I can channel back and watch the first few minutes of the movie that got skipped (which the player calls chapter 1).

Please help!

3. bagalore

bagalore Member

Oh, well. Guess nobody had any ideas. In case somebody else has the same problem, I found a solution: I used DVDShrink instead of DVD Decrypter, and the new backup plays from the very beginning as it should.