1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd movies

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by GUMDROP, Mar 7, 2005.

1. GUMDROP

GUMDROP Member

does anyone know how to re-install a dvd player.....message reads " no dvd drive found " please help a lost dudette

2. djscatter

djscatter Guest

Sounds to me like you need to reinstall the driver(s) for that drive. If you have a Dell or Gateway or HP they driver discs should have come with it. Find the drivers disc, put it in working drive, let load. Find the driver for your dvd drive from the marked list and double click. Should start reinstalling driver. If this doesn't work I'll get into it further if you need help.

3. GUMDROP

GUMDROP Member

you seemm to be the only one who is sure of the way it is accomplished.............but I have a sony deskyop and all the recovery discs.........I tried but maybe I am not reinstalling the drive right? any ideas........thx.

4. djscatter

djscatter Guest

There should be a disc with the title: DRIVERS or Hardware Drivers. Put it in the working disc drive. Let it load, if you do not have auto start on insert enabled open the disc through the "My Computer: D:"
    Right click and run the disc. Click the drop down bar and search for drivers. Once the list pops up, there should be check marks by the drivers you need to install. If not look through each manually for disc driver(drivers). Let me know how it goes

5. GUMDROP

GUMDROP Member

the only thing that came with the computer is the sony application recovery cd"s (3) there is no driver logo or list that shows dvd driver....do you think is is gone? or on the computer somewhere? help............if possible.......thx

6. djscatter

djscatter Guest

ok what you need to do is go online to the dvd drive manufacturers website and download the appropriate driver for your dvd drive. reinstall it that way. try that one. it should work, but no gaurantees