1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Navigation Structure!

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by DiRect, Apr 14, 2005.

1. DiRect

DiRect Regular member

Hi,
    I have a DVD but there is a problem with it's NAVIGATION STRUCTURE and so it won't work in my DVD Player or my Computer. Is there any way I can fix this so it first goes to the main menu?

Regards,
    DiRect

2. squizzle

squizzle Active member

Can you rip it? Try using DVD Decrypter in File mode to rip. Then you might be able to rearrange the files to fix the structure.

3. DiRect

DiRect Regular member

Hi,
    I have already ripped this movie using DVD Decrypter and tried it in Full Disc Mode in Shrink but the same error comes up. I read on one site that I could use IFOEdit to completely re-create the IFO's for the DVD, but I can only create the VIDEO_TS and the VTS_01_1.IFO files and that is really stupid because in my DVD the video file is in VTS_04. I can get it to work by re-naming all the VOBS to VTS_01_x where x would stand for a value or number of vob files. That works but it completely screws up the DVD because it starts to play the DVD from some part anywhere and keeps going back and forth... it works by re-authoring by shrink but than I lose the menu's and all the commands. I think there is a problem with my IFO files because I think it is not directed to the right thing and it just doesn't play. As soon as I insert the DVD it just stops... I can play the VOB files seperately still. Any help on how I can fix this? It's really been bothering me. I can completely re-burn it and re-encode using CCE again but that takes a really long time, and I don't want to wait any longer lol :D. Is there a software like shrink that allows me to re-author the file, but keeping the menu commands? Even DVDRe-Make Pro won't work as it won't accept the VIDEO_TS.IFO... it says cannot detect VMG or something like that and it just doesn't work. I seriously think it is a problem with the VIDE0_TS.IFO or some other IFO files. I originally first used VOB Blanker to take out everything I didn't want, than used Shrink to take out unwanted Audio tracks and than used CCE to re-encode the file at 10 Pass. After I ran it through VOB Blanker, it was working just fine so I don't know if it was just that time or either CCE or Shrink messed it up. Any help lol? I know it's too long, but if anyone can help that would be really great and I wouldn't have to go through the long process of re-encoding it again.

Regards,
    DiRect

4. squizzle

squizzle Active member

5. DiRect

DiRect Regular member

Hi,
    Thanks for that, but it doesn't work out for me... any other ways?

Regards,
    DiRect

6. WIZ1K

WIZ1K Member

DiRect,
    Try this trick. Download AnyDVD, install it, reboot and all that jazz. When you first double click on the "red fox icon" it brings up a menu of stuff. It has an option of delete annoying previews, warnings, blahblahblah. You have two options from this point. Go to main menu or go to the movie.

Then re-extract with DVD Decrypter with the AnyDVD fox on. You shouldn't have any problems from here hopefully. Then you can run Shrink or whatever if have to DVD5 it.

This works for me 9 out of 10 times.
    Cheers.
    Will

7. squizzle

squizzle Active member

I thought for sure that this would help you:

[bold]Solution C:

I extracted one DVD to a folder on my comp with DVDDecrypter. When I came to open it with DVD Shrink 3.2 (File, open... ) I got that message error : "Invalid DVD Navigation Structure". I found a solution for this problem using posts on this forum and a little bit of searching on the net.

1. Delete ifo files in the extracted DVD folder
    2. Download IFOEdit at http://www.ifoedit.com/ (my version is 0.96)
    3. Open it and click "Create IFOs" (the box at the bottom)
    4. Fallow instructions and save IFO in the same rep as extracted DVD. Let it processe; It could take like 5 mins.
    5. Close IFOEdit
    6. Start DVDShrink 3.2, click File, Open... and it should work
    7. (optional) I my case this step was necessary. You may have to rename vob files to this form "VTS_01_x.VOB" where x E[1,2,...,n] from first vob to the "n" last one

Please note that after shrinking a movie in the case you remove audio track(s) it could be a good idea to delete IFO in the encoded repertory then to apply step 3 to 5 from this little guide. This is a good idea because in the IFO there is still infos concerning removec audio track and when played on WinDVD, by example, the choice for removed audio track is still there, but it points to nowhere.

By example, you delete Spanish track because you speak English. If you dont do steps 3 to 5, in the DVD player Spanish will still be available, but when you'll click on it, nothing will happen. So this is only for a "looking" reason that you would do that, but mabye a bug could occure on some DVD player if you don't.... but for this part I really don't know.

Credit: killerfrog

After the Create IFOs, you need to manually input the languages.

Do this:

1. Open the IFO of the titleset concerned - eg VTS_01_0.IFO
    2. In the VTS Overview screen locate the audio streams and subtitle streams
    3. Double click on the relevant streams to get a dialogue box. Usually changing the language and number of channels is all that's required
    4. Do this for all the audio streams and subtitle streams
    5. Save the IFOs
    6. Do the same for VIDEO_TS.IFO

Subtitle colours need to be checked and copied for each IFO. If you get green and unreadable subbtitles - you can use this fix. Credit: de Witte

Credit: blutach
    [/bold]

Have you tried this?