1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD / Nero blues. Plz Help!

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by xbs2002, Nov 4, 2002.

1. xbs2002

xbs2002 Guest

OK, I have been able to do VCD'S no probs.
    I thought buying a DVD+RW drive was a good thing. Here's me probs.

1. I can't seem to dump big Mpegs onto a single DVD using Nero (there's no options), I am using the latest version.

2. MOST IMPORTANTLY, I need something that will allow me to create a VOB file from mpg/avi so I can dump them into nero as a working DVD for most players!

Please help me!

2. framerman

framerman Regular member

I don't know if this will help, but from what I understand VOB's and MPEG-2 are the same thing, I'm not positive though. I'm also having the damndest time. VCD's easy, DVD's good luck! I'm still trying my first.

3. roog

roog Member

If it's your first time trying to burn using Nero then find a DVD with main movie vob files that are less than 4 megabytes (most animated movies fall into this category). (Step 1) Explore the DVD disk and go to the VIDEO_TS directory. The main movie is usually the largest group of files with names like vts_01_1.vob, vts_01_2.vob, etc. (Step 2) Use SmartRipper, DVD Decrypter, or vstrip to rip these files to their own directory. (Step 3) If needed, rename the files to vts_01_1.vob, vts_01_2.vob, etc. (Step 4) Run ifoedit and use the Create IFOs feature to generate the files you need to play only the main movie. The following files should be created and added to your directory - VIDEO_TS.BUP, VIDEO_TS.IFO, VTS_01_0.BUP, and VTS_01_0.IFO. (Step 5) Use the Nero wizard to create a dvd video, then drag all the files from your folder to the VIDEO_TS folder in Nero. (Step 6) Burn the DVD with Nero as usual. The programs you need can be found at http://www.doom9.org/ under the download section.