1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd not on my nero menu

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by mapiper, Mar 23, 2005.

1. mapiper

mapiper Member

Hi,

This is my first time trying to burn a dvd. I am trying to use the trial version of Nero Burning ROM (v. 6.6.0.8) to decide if I want to purchase it. I was under the impression that the trial version of Nero Burning ROM was fully operational, just limited to a specific period of time. Does it not allow DVD burning? Or am I missing something?

Following the Guide "Burning pre-authored DVD-video using Nero Burning ROM" on this site, I get to this step:

When I look on the pull down menu on my copy of Nero, I don't see [bold]DVD[/bold] as a choice. The choices are only for various CD-R selections, including miniDVD.

I'm running Windows XP Professional.

Thanks for any assistance you might be able to provide.

Michael

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

can i ask what app you used to rip the dvd to your hard drive? and what app you used to shrink it to fit a dvdr size?

as dvd shrink and dvd decrypter are both free and easy and powerful to use! and its 99% all you will need!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 23, 2005
  3. mapiper

mapiper Member

I think I mis-spoke in my first message. I have NO dropdown menu in my New Submission window, ONLY the side menu, which lists only CD options.

Is there some reason I don't have access to the DVD menu?