1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Not playing In Standalone player.

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Krushin, Mar 14, 2005.

1. Krushin

Krushin Regular member

Can someone help me please. I make a copy of any dvd and it wont play in my dvd player. My friend makes same copy of dvd and same media dvdr and it plays in the player. What am i doin wrong?

2. jacsac

jacsac Regular member

What kind of media? Obviously there is some difference to what you are doing whether different hardware, program, same media different maker. But when you say "I burnt dvd just like so and so and it no worky" it doesn't give a basis to address your problem.

3. Jetster

Jetster Regular member

Are the DVD players the same too? Well guess what the problem is? Try DVD-r not +

4. budberner

budberner Guest

Krushin

If you want the best chance for success forget everything you have ever heard and read this site extensively. Don't try to burn anything for a few days, only after reading real pros,Scuba Pete,bbmayo,and the like. Use the SEARCH. Best of luck

5. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Are you useing the same brand/model dvdrw's? Have you updated your firmware? Is the media +r and your friend is booktyping dvd-rom?

6. Krushin

Krushin Regular member

Have no idea about the firmware. I know he's using a Dell pc (me 2). I was usin a DVD-R. He used the same cds and worked perfectly. He uses NTI/Nero/PlatinumCopyX (not sure about the name but its the one that got banned or something). I use DVDD and Shrink. The media i used was memorex. Also Theon.

7. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Did you both use a blank dvd-r from the same spindle or batch etc. Memorex is really bad about buying from different manufactures and is not at all recommended. Just because you both used memorex dvd-r's doesn't mean they're the same media. Your friend might have gotten ricohjpn (which is good) and you might have gotten CMC Magnetics (which is bad).

Look in your device manager under hardware to find out the make and model of your dvdrw then google for the latest firmware flash.

Here is a free proggy that will tell you the media code, and MID (manufacturer ID)
    http://dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com/

Good, high quality, proven media is a must for successful backups. Stay away from memorex, generic, and retail store branded medias eg: staples, comp usa, etc. Taiyo Yuden and Verbatum Datalife Plus are the best. Some good ones are Maxell, Ricohjpn, branded Ritek Ridata, and usually Sony and TDK.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2005