1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD not properly finalizing?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by euphrus, Nov 14, 2004.

1. euphrus

euphrus Member

I rarely post. I think it's best to search through other peoples posts to find the solution to my problems. Sometimes I resolve my problems through deduction.

However, I have pulled my hair out on the following problem:
    Nomatter what I use to burn my (encoded or backed up) - The media is "completed succesfullly" as per software, but not recognized by system. This happens as if the media was not finalized.
    So far I've tried Nero, Instant Copy, TMPGEnc DVDAuthor, and Alcohol 120. I have had no success.

Strangely I can burn cd's fine and DVDRWs fine.

Any clues?????

2. Galbin

Galbin Guest

If you can create DVDRW's, then the most likely culprit is the recording speed. Try writing to your DVDR's at 2x and see what happens.

3. euphrus

euphrus Member

The same idea occured to me.
    I burned at minimum speed in DVD Instant Copy and in Nero.
    Reinstalled OS with only Instant Copy (and updates and drivers) - No Resolve.
    Could it be that I've killed my burner?

4. Galbin

Galbin Guest

There's one final test you can do. Copy one of your successfule RW with DVDDecrypter in ISO mode, and then write the image back to a DVDR in ISO mode. Of the programs you mentioned, I've only used Nero to burn, and found it somewhat temperamental on the DVD Brands it burns. However, I've never had a problem with DVDDecrypter...but it only supports the ISO burn mode.