1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Not Reading

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by morgation, Feb 21, 2005.

1. morgation

morgation Member

I have a NEC 2500A dvd writer but occassionally have a problem with some DVD-R's. When i attempt to view the files in explorer, i receive an error "Format that is not compatible with windows."
    I can view data for other DVD-R of the same brand so i know it is not the media type.
    The data is viewable on another machine with a DVD-ROM.

2. squizzle

squizzle Active member

I ran into that problem once and it was the media. The same media that I talk about in my sig actually. Sometimes the same "brand" of media is made by different manufacturers, Memorex is one of the biggest offenders of this horrible deceiving crime.

3. morgation

morgation Member

Thanks,
    But it seems wierd that one Memorex DVD would work and then another from the same pack wouldn't.

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

That is not unusual with cheap/poor quality media. You can have a 50% failure rate out of the same bunch.

Jerry

5. wbfconst

wbfconst Regular member

I must agree with Gerry, I have had mega problems with so called name brand media. 60 to 70% failure rate. It sometimes makes you question your hardware. I learned a year ago never buy anything but Verbatum, or Rytek Rydata branded media.