1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD of captured TV - getting on track

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Musicvids, Dec 7, 2004.

1. Musicvids

Musicvids Member

Have just got a new computer with ASUS DRW 1604P burner and U-Lead MovieFactory 3.5 on it. My first plan is to record music videos from TV to HD, edit and burn to CD. The second is pictures and .AVI files from my digital camera.

I am looking for high picture and audio quality and longevity.

So far I have tried Sony DVD-R, DVD-RW, Excel DVD+RW and Verbatim DVD-R.

So far I am getting more pixelation than I expected or want from the camera material, but I suspect that is as good as it gets.

The TV files are better but are noticeably grainy. At first I thought the formats or DVD brands may solve this but can't see much difference. From what I read here there isn't but most comments seem to focus on reliability not reproduction quality.

Any other suggestions.

Also found over a full length movie the audio got out of sync by the end. This is apparent in the VIDEO_TS File so I guess it is a U-Lead issue. Again any ideas?

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

It is more thatn likely the software that is having the issues more than anything. I have that same software somewhere laying around collecting dust. I tried to use it for a little while, but I hated it. It just dosent produce very good quality. I use Nero, NVE, Recode and so-on. Basically just download the newest version of Nero6 make sure you down load all the packets I think there are 3 and you will get all the software you need to do everything you want. Its a free trial for 30 days so it dosent hurt to try it out..

[​IMG]

3. Musicvids

Musicvids Member

Thanks. Actually I have Nero Burning ROM 6 as well. But the guy said to use that for CD's and the Ulead for DVD's. Won't be shocked if he is wrong..
    Will report back.

4. Musicvids

Musicvids Member

At the risk of seeming mind-bogglingly stupid, as far as I can tell the Nero 6 is just for burning the DVD files once converted.

That is I have captured MPEG files which in Ulead I can edit, create a menu and convert to Video_TS + Audio_TS files ready to burn to disk.

Nero seems only to burn the converted files to disk, not work on the material itself. Or am I missing something or not have the whole suite?

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

You probably dont have all of Nero There are 6 total packages to down load for Nero and it is probably the most complete Video, Audio converting, reauthoring, capturing, and just about anything you want to do program on the market. http://www.nero.com/us/28956.php

[​IMG] [​IMG]

WinXP SP2
    AMD Athlon XP 2400+ (2.01GHz)
    1GB DDR 3200
    ATI All In Wonder 9600
    Burners Nec 2500A / Pioneer DVR 105

Last edited: Dec 11, 2004
  6. Musicvids

Musicvids Member

I went to that Nero page and started downloading. Package 1 and 2 seemed ok. Package 3 did not accept the serial no. off my disk so couldn't go any further.
    Then when I went to open the Startsmart or Burning ROM 6 it tells me it is unlicenced and I can't use it and again putting in the disk serial no. fails.
    So far Ulead is winning hands down.